• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error: Unable to clear cache

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Error: Unable to clear cache

    Chart not updating. Attempt to refresh by reloading historical data produces error message: Error: Unable to clear cache.

    ????

    #2
    Hello spooz2,

    Please follow the following steps to clean out your cache manually

    • back up ninjatrader
      • disconnect from your data provider
      • Control Center -> File -> Utilities -> Backup -> Check every box -> Run Backup
    • shut down Ninja completely
    • browse to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\cache
    • delete everything in this folder

    If this does not enable you to reload historical data, please send an e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing this unique ticket ID in the body of your email :


    1511267
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by spooz2 View Post
      Chart not updating. Attempt to refresh by reloading historical data produces error message: Error: Unable to clear cache.

      ????
      I have seen this "unable to clear out cache data" error on several occasions now when starting up NT8 RC1 immediately followed by connecting FXCM data. What is the likely cause of this issue?

      Comment


        #4
        Hello FMtrader, and thank you for your report.


        We are still investigating this issue. Since this is occurring for you, some files from your system may help us reproduce this on our end, which will help us find a solution.

        Please send me your log and trace files, templates, and other files, so that I may look into what occurred.
        You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
        Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:1511267
        Please include Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP in the body of your e-mail.
        IMPORTANT: Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
          Hello FMtrader, and thank you for your report.


          We are still investigating this issue. Since this is occurring for you, some files from your system may help us reproduce this on our end, which will help us find a solution.

          Please send me your log and trace files, templates, and other files, so that I may look into what occurred.
          You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
          Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:1511267
          Please include Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP in the body of your e-mail.
          IMPORTANT: Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.

          Finally got the error to occur again but then struggled to get NT8 to even start so couldn't send the email from within the program. After many tries I was able get NT8 to restart and sent the email but then got the "Mail delivery failed" message that many others have got when sending these type of messages.

          When you say to tick "all the boxes in the other files section" surely you don't want us to attach the db file which can be huge in size? It can easily swamp any mail server. In this particular case I didn't attach it but the message still failed. How large is the typical "chart data" file as I wonder if that it contributing to the failed message issue.

          Comment


            #6
            Hello FMTrader,

            The database is useful to us in re-creating your environment. If you have a large database file, I would like to recommend closing Ninja, renaming your database file to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.<today's date>.sdf , and then reopening Ninja. This will generate a new, smaller database file. If you are then able to reproduce what you observed with this file, it should send to us a lot more easily.

            If you have a large amount of data, please use the publicly available service sendspace.com , and please use [email protected] com as your from address.
            Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

            Comment


              #7
              Hello FMTrader,

              I just wanted to confirm receipt of the most recent files you sent. If this is related to NTEIGHT-10483 , we have made significant multithreading improvements, and this may be resolved with the next version of NinjaTrader.

              I am currently testing the configuration you have sent us and will follow up shortly.
              Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

              Comment


                #8
                Just as an update, with the files sent to us, and with the caveat that we tested with no third party NinjaScript, no errors occurred upon either startup or connection in the latest version of NinjaTrader. Please let us know if you continue observing this after the next release.
                Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                  Just as an update, with the files sent to us, and with the caveat that we tested with no third party NinjaScript, no errors occurred upon either startup or connection in the latest version of NinjaTrader. Please let us know if you continue observing this after the next release.
                  Unfortunately the error is not consistently reproducible at my end. I had approximately 10 charts loaded of FOREX pairs and the error was only occurring on one or two of them. All charts have the same indicators so it is hard to fathom why the problem doesn't occur on all charts all the time
                  Last edited by FMtrader; 10-20-2016, 07:01 AM.

                  Comment

                  Latest Posts

                  Collapse

                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rickyblah12, Today, 08:17 PM
                  0 responses
                  4 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rickyblah12  
                  Started by mrlucky1x, Today, 08:07 PM
                  0 responses
                  2 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post mrlucky1x  
                  Started by uday12, Today, 07:21 PM
                  0 responses
                  3 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post uday12
                  by uday12
                   
                  Started by voltlon, Today, 05:18 PM
                  0 responses
                  6 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post voltlon
                  by voltlon
                   
                  Started by Bobisam, Today, 04:57 PM
                  0 responses
                  8 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Bobisam
                  by Bobisam
                   
                  Working...
                  X