Error: Unable to clear cache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: Unable to clear cache

Chart not updating. Attempt to refresh by reloading historical data produces error message: Error: Unable to clear cache.

????

Hello spooz2,

Please follow the following steps to clean out your cache manually

• back up ninjatrader
      • disconnect from your data provider
      • Control Center -> File -> Utilities -> Backup -> Check every box -> Run Backup
    • shut down Ninja completely
    • browse to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\cache
    • delete everything in this folder

If this does not enable you to reload historical data, please send an e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing this unique ticket ID in the body of your email :

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by spooz2 View Post
      Chart not updating. Attempt to refresh by reloading historical data produces error message: Error: Unable to clear cache.

????
      I have seen this "unable to clear out cache data" error on several occasions now when starting up NT8 RC1 immediately followed by connecting FXCM data. What is the likely cause of this issue?

Comment

Hello FMtrader, and thank you for your report.

We are still investigating this issue. Since this is occurring for you, some files from your system may help us reproduce this on our end, which will help us find a solution.

Please send me your log and trace files, templates, and other files, so that I may look into what occurred.
        You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
        Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:1511267
        Please include Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP in the body of your e-mail.
        IMPORTANT: Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
          Hello FMtrader, and thank you for your report.

We are still investigating this issue. Since this is occurring for you, some files from your system may help us reproduce this on our end, which will help us find a solution.

Please send me your log and trace files, templates, and other files, so that I may look into what occurred.
          You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
          Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:1511267
          Please include Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP in the body of your e-mail.
          IMPORTANT: Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.

Finally got the error to occur again but then struggled to get NT8 to even start so couldn't send the email from within the program. After many tries I was able get NT8 to restart and sent the email but then got the "Mail delivery failed" message that many others have got when sending these type of messages.

When you say to tick "all the boxes in the other files section" surely you don't want us to attach the db file which can be huge in size? It can easily swamp any mail server. In this particular case I didn't attach it but the message still failed. How large is the typical "chart data" file as I wonder if that it contributing to the failed message issue.

Comment

Hello FMTrader,

The database is useful to us in re-creating your environment. If you have a large database file, I would like to recommend closing Ninja, renaming your database file to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.<today's date>.sdf , and then reopening Ninja. This will generate a new, smaller database file. If you are then able to reproduce what you observed with this file, it should send to us a lot more easily.

If you have a large amount of data, please use the publicly available service sendspace.com , and please use attn_ninjatrader_jessicap.1511267@platformsupport. com as your from address.

Comment

Hello FMTrader,

I just wanted to confirm receipt of the most recent files you sent. If this is related to NTEIGHT-10483 , we have made significant multithreading improvements, and this may be resolved with the next version of NinjaTrader.

I am currently testing the configuration you have sent us and will follow up shortly.

Comment

Just as an update, with the files sent to us, and with the caveat that we tested with no third party NinjaScript, no errors occurred upon either startup or connection in the latest version of NinjaTrader. Please let us know if you continue observing this after the next release.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                  Just as an update, with the files sent to us, and with the caveat that we tested with no third party NinjaScript, no errors occurred upon either startup or connection in the latest version of NinjaTrader. Please let us know if you continue observing this after the next release.
                  Unfortunately the error is not consistently reproducible at my end. I had approximately 10 charts loaded of FOREX pairs and the error was only occurring on one or two of them. All charts have the same indicators so it is hard to fathom why the problem doesn't occur on all charts all the time
                  Last edited by FMtrader; 10-20-2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB