Indicator - Alert on horizontal line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator - Alert on horizontal line

I would like to set horizontal line alerts as stops and targets possibly using resistance levels and pivots but would like the indicator to apply to all charts where it is set not just the active chart. Is this possible or do you need to use an alert in the market analyser or do you have to apply a strategy to the selected instruments ?

Hello Miker1,

"I would like to set horizontal line alerts as stops and targets possibly using resistance levels and pivots", this is definitely possible.
    You can call a pivots indicator, return the S1, S2, S3, R1, R2, R3, and PP plots to return a double than can be used as the price for your stop or target.

"but would like the indicator to apply to all charts where it is set not just the active chart", this part I'm having a little trouble fully understanding.

The strategy that places the orders and sets the profit targets and stop losses would need to be applied to each instrument that you would like the strategy to trade.
    Are you asking if its possible to have a strategy place orders to multiple instruments?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is more so to use the Market Analyser as a watch list not to trade and place orders from
      by setting targets and stops on stocks that I am watching so that an alert can be sent via email or the alert log to advise me that a criteria has been met. I am aware that you can set horizontal alerts but only for those charts that are open. I want to set alerts for all instruments in the market analyser. Is this possible ? Also is there a limit on the number of instruments that can be added to the market analyser ? The alert function in market analyser seems a bit buggy and says that an condition must be set even though I have set conditions.

Comment

Hello Miker1,

Yes, it is possible to create an indicator that will trigger alerts and / or send emails when criteria is met.

Below is a link to an example of this.
        http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...286#post436286

There is no limit on the number instruments that can be added to the Market Analyzer that is imposed by NinjaTrader. You may find that your data provider has a limit to the number of simultaneous instruments that can stream, however. I would recommend you check with your data provider or broker to check if there is a limit.

Regarding the error, may I have a screenshot of the error and a screenshot of the condition you have set up?
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses