Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when re-applying chart template

Hello,

We are getting an error when loading a chart template containing our indicators is re-applied to a chart already containing one or more of the indicators contained in the template. The error message is as follows:

"Unable to load chart template: the file named <Name> was either designed for an earlier version of NinjaTrader or the file is not formatted correctly."

However, the error does not seem to be entirely accurate, as it was not created for an earlier version nor does is have an issue with a blank chart not containing the indicators, which tells me that it seems to be tripping up somewhere in the process of either how it is applying it or attempting to marge in the template with what is already on the chart if that's what it's doing.

Either way, I haven't been able to get it to break in a debugger with an exception or be able to determine precisely where it's breaking so any feedback would be appreciated. Unfortunately, this is associated with a commercial product and I don't have any simple way of supplying the template and product in a manner easy to distribute or reproduce it, but I can supply the template so you can look for any obvious formatting issues.

Thanks-
    Attached Files

Hello sdonahue, and thank you for your question.

As an initial test, you can syntax check your template file using this publicly available website, http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp .

If you are able to send your template file alone to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, we will be happy to examine it further. Please reference this unique number in the body of your e-mail :

And of course, please don't hesitate if there are any other questions we can answer.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jessica,

I validated it and the format is valid. My guess is that there is some exception potentially occurring during the process that is being caught, handled and that message being displayed. I will go ahead and send in the file, though without the related software there likely won't be any obvious issue with the content of the template in terms of structure or format.

Comment

Hello sdonahue,

Were you able to send xml files to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com ? If you could make sure that this number is in the body of your e-mail somewhere, it will help us track on our end :

Comment

Hi Jessica,

I send in a link to be able to install our Indicators to Patrick yesterday, but I will re send to your attention today as well

You will then be able to see the Template directly

Thanks

Steve Griffiths

Comment

Hello Steve,

Thank you very much for providing us with these tools.

Hello sdonahue,

If at all possible, could you provide us either directly here in the forums, or via e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing this unique ID :

A step-by-step guide to your testing process, starting with a clean NinjaTrader 8 installation? This will make it easier to reproduce your environment and isolate exactly how to prevent the message you have been getting from coming up.

Thank you both once more for the assistance you have already provided toward our investigation.

Comment

Hi Jessica,

It is simple to reproduce this

I will email in with the steps to follow

Thanks

Steve Grifiths

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM