Continous Data.. Where do I find it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continous Data.. Where do I find it?

This may have been covered somewhere but I searched help and this forum and I can't find the answer.

I want to do some statistical analysis on historical data. I'm using Kinetick free end of day data. I'm not seeing the Contract ##-## in the instrument list when I'm trying to download data. All I'm seeing are the contract months ie GC 06-16, GC 04-16, GC 02-16 I'm not seeing GC ##-## anywhere. How do I get that to show up so I can download it and export it to a text file? I have Merge Back Adjusted selected for my Global Merge Policy.

I know this is possible because I had a continuous contract ie contract ##-## in my historical data before. However I don't know how It got there or how to duplicate that. Can someone please help me and walk me through that. I also have Continuum data feed if that helps.

Comment

Hello DuggyLou,

Thank you for your post,

This can be accomplished by typing the contract and the continuous symbols. E.g. CL ##-## when opening a chart or even when attempting to download the data vua the Historical Data Manager.

After it has been typed once, it will then populate in the drop-down list as a recently used instrument as well.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sweet!! Works beautifully and so simple. One question though. On the instrument selection arrow it has what I guess you would call recent instruments of recently typed instruments. I want to clean that up. How do you edit what shows up there?

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Glad to hear that helped! To do this, you can hover your mouse over the instrument in the Recent list then press the Delete key of your keyboard. You will also notice there a pin icon when hovering as well. That can be used to save the recent instruments so as you view more instruments they won't be removed.

You can view more information on the instrument lists from the link below.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ment_lists.htm
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post mattbsea  
          Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
          6 responses