Indicator differences NT7 vs NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator differences NT7 vs NT8

Attached is a screen shot of NT7 and NT8 MACD indicator.Notice the differences in the values in the right margin, the graph is the same but the values are different. Interesting is the instrument you are using changes how accurate those numbers are. If the interment has 1 tick per point (YM) vs an interment that has more ticks per point (CL) CL will be more accurate. The charts are always right but I use the values in Market Analyzer.
    Attached Files

Hello schroedray,

Thank you for your post,

So I may test this fully on my end, what data provider are you using?

I tested this using Kinetick and do see the same MACD values for CL 06-16. As a note, make sure the same Session Template / Trading Hours template is in use on both charts (right click on the chart > Data Series). Also verify that your Merge Policy is the same on both NT7 (Tools > Options > Data tab) and NT8 (Tools > Options > Market Data).

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

First I have tested this with Ritmic, Continuum(CQG) and DTN IQ feed all the same on NT 7 and NT 8 and they are running concurrently, I have multiple feeds.Second the image I sent you was of ES not CL. As I stated in my first message CL and YM will give different results for NT 8. Different instruments in NT8 will give different resolutions for the indicator. In NT7 They are always the same no matter which instrument is used. The instrument is displayed in the upper left corner of both charts and this is a single screen shot of both charts and the dates and times are the same and it is a live shot not replay. Yes the screen template are the same.I can repeat this any time with any instrument if you would like to see it live on my PC.
      Last edited by schroedray; 05-17-2016, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by schroedray View Post
        First I have tested this with Ritmic, Continuum(CQG) and DTN IQ feed all the same on NT 7 and NT 8 and they are running concurrently, I have multiple feeds.Second the image I sent you was of ES not CL. As I stated in my first message CL and YM will give different results for NT 8. .

I ran MACD on ES 06-16 and ^VIX in Replay and did not see this. My #'s were not rounding to 0 or 1.00 like you have. Strange.

You are on Beta11, correct?

Comment

Yes, I am on Beta 11. I have attached another ES 06-16 file from today live continuum feed. You will notice the fast (purple) marker is between the 0.20 and 0.15 but the marker reports 0.25 the other two are wrong as well. send me a screen shot of yours if you would. I have reloaded NT8 no help. The next thing to do would be reload window 10 and that's a job I really don't want to do since every other program works fine. The rounding is different for different indicators YM rounds to 1. ES 1.00 CL 1.000 seems to be related to number of ticks per point???
          P.S. this is just another problem I am having with indicators on NT8. NT7 works great.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by schroedray; 05-17-2016, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Yes, I am on Beta 11. send me a screen shot of yours if you would.
            P.S. this is just another problem I am having with indicators on NT8. NT7 works great.
            This is in market replay. I don't have NT8 Live set up. Maybe someone else can test that?

I don't think reinstalling Win10 will help.

Image:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Does your databox display correctly or is that off also?

Are you doing anything like display scaling? 100% ? 125%?
            What video resolution are you using?
            Is your graphics driver up to date?

And I'm on Windows7 64 bit.

This does sound familiar. I'll try a search.

Comment

No screen scaling. I am using 4k monitors with NVIDIA GTX 980 video card and they are up to date drivers. I am on windows 10 64 bit. Your screen shot looks perfect. Now I know why no one has complained about this. I have had the problem for months, just didn't say anything because it is Beta.

Thanks for the screen shot. I have a backup computer and I am about to load NT8 on it and do some testing tonight.

Comment

I tested my Win10 laptop 4k with Quadro M2100M and in replay and it looked okay. (Just applied it to a chart with previous replay out of sleep mode).

Tested on my other Win7 4k laptop with Quadro K2100M in replay and it looked okay also. I even changed Display sizing to 100% and it was still good.

Also did my win7 desktop 780ti, 2560x1600 in market replay, it's doing all the decimals and no rounding.

Even tested ^VIX.

(these are all b9 machines in market replay).

Comment

SLEDGE...Reloaded on the back PC it works great there. Now I have to figure out why it doesn't work on the main PC.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Well, I haven't done much. lol.

Does the databox display the same bad values?

You didn't change your localization to anything other than US/English?

You might want to have NT log in and troubleshoot the main PC?

Comment

Data box is also perfect.

Comment

Data box is also perfect.
                        That makes this all the more bizarre!

Hopefully you figure it out or NT support can get it straightened out. Be sure to follow up.

Comment

SLEDGE....Got it working.. My backup PC was using a sim licence and the Main PC had a multi-broker live licence so I removed that licence and removed the Ninjatrader 8 folder under My Documents folder. rebooted and reloaded NT8 and reloaded my live licence. Had to be something in the Ninjatrader 8 folder. Everything works great now.

Comment

Glad to see you were able to find the resolution, schroedray! Please do let us know if the issue resurfaces so we may look into it further.

Thank you for testing!
                            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jclose
                            by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM