X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Submitting orders to IB brokers

I hope someone can help me answer the following scenario:

1. ATM strategy filled an order with initial 10 pt stop
    2. As conditions met, ATM now auto trails every 10 profit pts by 5 stop points.
    3. Now, the trade has run up 30 pt in paper profit
    4. NT unexpected closes down

Is my trade now UNPROTECTED? Or, is there still a stop (very last auto trailed) residing at the broker side?

Now, for the same question but reverse the scenario, IB Brokers unexpected closes.

Is my trade now UNPROTECTED? Or, is there still a stop (very last auto trailed) residing at the broker side?

Will these two unexpected close-downs and restarts, have any implications in trade syncing or ATM continuing (auto trailing)? Please take fast market in consideration.

thanks in advance

Hello clarkys,

Thank you for writing in.

Please take a look at this forum post to see where your orders reside based on the connection you are using and the status the order is in: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=5349

You will need to contact Interactive Brokers for further information if the order will still be working if IB Trader Workstation crashes.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zachary,

I guess the question might have thrown you off a bit, my apologies nonetheless. I'll simplify it this time. Assume a trade will auto trail 3 times successively in NT (let's call them a,b,c and c being latest trail stop). Before c gets hit in NT, will b have already resided at broker/exchange?
      Or NT is doing its stop level revision all three times and when c gets hit NT will then submit the stop to the broker?

Thanks
      Clark

Comment

Hello,
        The stop is submitted to the broker and on their servers as sson as the order is in an accepted state. If NinjaTrader is shut down the stop would not continue to trail though. OCO functionality is not supported on all brokers servers as well. Please see the following link on where your orders reside: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=5349
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
        1 response
        0 likes