rectangle moves on diff timeframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rectangle moves on diff timeframe

Sometimes I draw in a rectangle on a higher timeframe and that moves away when I go to lower timeframes. Going back to the higher timeframe shows a rectangle on a different spot. Can't find out what triggers it, it doesn't happen all the time but it happens since I downloaded built 11.

Hello dabbeljoe,

Thanks for your post.

I've tried to replicate on the information provided but am not able to. So that I can replicate what you are seeing, please identify the specific steps. To help I would need to know:

1) Instrument, time frame and bar type of the chart that you draw the rectangle
    2) What is the time frame that you go to?
    3) In the tools, what is your setting for "Snap Mode"?
    4) Is the rectangle "attached" to anything beside the chart?
    5) Is the rectangle a global object (attached to all XX charts)?

If you can replicate can you provide screenshots?

Thanks for reporting this. I will be trying to replicate on my end but if you can provide further info it will help.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hey paul, sure I can replicate it: on the usdchf H4, change to M15 and back to H4. Bartype is candlesticks, snapmode is Bar (if I disable that the problem is still there), rectangle is not attached to anything, and not a global thing, just one rectangle on one chart.
      I made three screenshots, one of H4, than changed into M15 and third back to H4 again.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello dabbeljoe,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on the 3 pictures, two are 240 minute and 1 is 15 minute. The rectangle is drawn on the 240 minute chart and appears to be roughly from November 12, 2015 to March 21, 2016. The 15 minute chart is showing a time frame from April 21 through today. I would not expect to see the rectangle on the 15 minute chart unless you scroll back towards where the rectangle is drawn. If you scroll back in the 15 minute chart to roughly mid March or earlier do you then see the rectangle?

Perhaps I've misunderstood your pictures? I've attached what I recreated.
        Attached Files

Comment

If I draw on the H4 a rectangle from 26march to today, and change it into m15, then scroll back, the rectangle is from 20 nov 2015 to 26 march, so it ends where it should begin and it's much longer than it was. Back to H4 again, it's from roughly 20 nov to 6 april.
          The dates are not important, they seem pretty random, the fact that the rectangle doesn't keep it's settings is the problem.

You have drawn in your rectangle different, try draw it in like I did, first on the H4, from march to today (like on my screenshot) and then go to m15 and back to H4 again.
          Last edited by dabbeljoe; 05-16-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

same thing is happening here, in the h4 I draw in trendlines, go to m15, go back to h4 and trendlines are shifted, not the beginning, but the end of the lines went way back in time.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello dabbeljoe,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I can see that i misunderstood the sequence of your screenshots. I've tried to recreate with what my new understanding of your sequence is but again I am not seeing what you are. I created a video of the effort so if you would review and advise what I am or am not doing that is the same as you.

http://screencast.com/t/SAFYIHxr

When you draw into the future, please note and advise the begin and end dates as I did so that I can accurately recreate.

Are you drawing when connected to a live data feed or is this just on historical data?

Does the issue occur at all if you only draw to the current bar on the right edge instead of the future? (trying to narrow down where it occurs and where it does not occur).

Comment

you said the magic words: into the future. I found out that it only happens when I have one of my indicators on and at the same time draw an object into the future.

Comment

Reproduced

Hey Paul,

With the information that was posted by this user I was able to reproduce the issue, step by step in a video for you.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hello dabbeljoe and fxgroundworks,

Looks like the key is adding an indicator and drawing into the future, thanks for your efforts to help us develop a reproducible situation.

I will write this up and update this thread when I have further information.

Thanks again for reporting this.

Comment

Thanks Paul

Comment

Hey guys,

A bit late in updating but the issue was was assigned to NT8-9884 and is reported as fixed for the next release (v12). I do not know of the next release date.

Comment

I get the exact same issue. All drawings are randomly placed when changing period. But its only when I have other indicators attached to the chart. Driving me insane, if I just CHANGE SYMBOL then back again there is no issue the drawings are where they were supposed to be.

If the drawing is LOCKED it still does the same thing. It does not do it with all indicators, only some. I think it is how the indicators are drawing themselves on the chart and they interfering with manually drawn objects. Something not right in the indicators code.

NT8.0.0.12
                          Last edited by IIIRokzIII; 08-04-2016, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Looks like this fix didn't make it in build 12. Ninja trader can you confirm this will be resolved in build 13? It's a nightmare for anyone using drawing objects.
                            Much appreciated

Comment

Yeah man, incredible NIGHTMARE. I have to keep juggling indicators as I cannot change period with the ones I would like to use when I want draw on the chart also.

Hopefully this is an ASAP fix.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post adeelshahzad  
                              Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
                              10 responses
                              1 like