NT8 "Stops Working"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 "Stops Working"

My NT8 continues to stop working. Can't seem to figure out what is causing it to do this. I completely deleted workspace and rebuilt and everything seemed to be running smoothly until later and it did it again.

Hello CamNel03,
    Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
    You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
    Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1516672
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For those with AMD video drivers

I had the same issue since the first public beta and had to check in to a mental hospital for a while, but eventually I traced the cause using process monitor utils.

If you have an AMD video card and install their driver bundle, by default it installs something called "AMD Gaming Evolved" which includes a crapware component "Plays.tv" for directx game screen captures.

NT8 uses SharpDX for rendering and the crapware above apparently thinks you are playing a game and tries to interact with your dx session once in a while, causing NT8 to crash before it has a chance to capture any logs.

Uninstalling "AMD Gaming Evolved" from the driver bundle eliminated 100% of what appeared to be random NT8 crashes.

Comment

Thank you for providing this information, mindozas. While we still will not know if it is related to what the OP experienced, this information may be valuable to other users and may help us improve Ninja 8's DirectX interoperability.

Comment

Thank you!
          I had the same problem. Works fine now.

Comment

crashes while running strategy analyzer

Hello,

I have a issue with crashing of the NT8 all the time. I am trying to run genetic optimizing and NT8 is falling down all the time. I have set 500 000 samples and it reach e.g 500 and crash. Then I reduce it to 50 000 samples and same results.

Also when I am entering variables to backtesting and optimizing it is extremely slow. Sometimes when I manage to save variables for strategy analyzer and I am calling saved template it is not working and you need to change at least data series or some other variables to force NT working.

When running optimizing in mode default, it crashes again and it is showing remaining time like 100 009 day. When I used optimizing in NT7 same size sample required about 15 hours to calculate.

My question is if there will be some significant bug correction for strategy analyzer? In the current state it is not the best one as I was used to have it in NT7.

Thank you

Comment

Hello miroslav,

Thank you for your post.

My strategy analyzer on my end is not producing similar results. Would it be possible to furnish us with a testing copy of your strategy? Please send us this if you are able, along with your log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
              If you are attaching source, please choose a file in the attachment section
              In the body section, please add 'ATTN: Jessica P - 1516672'

Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.

Comment

Hi mindozas,

i have an AMD Radeon (TM) R7 360 series.... does this card come with the crapware?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH