A direct X error has occured...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A direct X error has occured...

Just thought to let you know but I am getting the following error in the log section of NT8b11 every now and then (especially when using 3-4 charts):

"A direct X error has occured while rendering the chart: Value does not fall within the expected range. HR Code -2147024809"

This error did appear in earlier betas too... so not sure what is causing this. It doesn't crash and I can't see any problems, but its still strange to see this error message from time to time.

FYI: I am using a nvidia graphics card (Titan X) with latest nvidia Drivers on Windows 10.

Kind regards,
    Oliver

Is there a consistent way to reproduce this error, or does it seemingly occur at random?

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces
    • Cut and paste all the files within this folder onto your desktop
    • Restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issue.
    • If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by exiting NinjaTrader and moving the files from your Desktop back into the 'workspaces' folder.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

To be true, I can't reproduce it... it happens now and then. I tried to reset everything and now I will try to find out once it happens or if its just random.

Comment

Please ensure all of your graphics drivers and Windows updates are up to date.

If it occurs again, let me know.

Comment

Any custom indicators on the chart? Any other indicators from NT?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            Please ensure all of your graphics drivers and Windows updates are up to date.

If it occurs again, let me know.
            I got it tonight, empty chart. NT8 B13 RC1

What I do know - I had previously saved my workspace with the 1 window ES 09-16 on second monitor in NT8 64 bit.

I restarted PC.

I started NT8 32 bit by mistake.

I started playing around with the window, maximizing it, restoring it, moved it back to the 2nd monitor, and it threw the error.

Code:
            2016-09-07 18:28:51:862 PrimaryMonitorWPFDPIScale=0.50
            2016-09-07 18:28:52:659 Starting server message polling timer with interval 3600 seconds...
            2016-09-07 18:29:24:140 ERROR: A direct X error has occured while rendering the chart: Value does not fall within the expected range. HR Code -2147024809
            2016-09-07 18:29:41:689 ERROR: Chart rendering to a software bitmap failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's render method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x8007000E], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_OUTOFMEMORY/Out of memory], Message: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. '
            2016-09-07 18:29:41:690 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
            2016-09-07 18:29:41:690 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            2016-09-07 18:29:41:698 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
               at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Chart.OnIsResizingChanged(Boolean isResizing)
               at NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.NTWindow.OnIsResizingChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
            I ran with HD Graphics mode, but as I understand, when I move to the 2nd monitor that is using the Quadro.

Intel HD Graphics P530, Quadro M2000M

I repeated the error 3 more times.

Both drivers are up to date as of 1 month ago, Win10, non anniversary update.

Tried to reproduce in NT8 64 bit - could not.
            Tried to reproduce in NT8 32 bit - having troubles using trackpad. Switched to mouse. double clicked Window bar (some where to the right of center) and it produce exception.
            Tried to reproduce in NT8 64 bit with mouse - could not. Tried about 6 restore/max.
            Tried to reproduce in NT8 32 bit with mouse - happened after 4 restore/max.

Looks like 32 bit issue only. Doesn't happen in main laptop monitor 4k (3840x2160), but secondary monitor 3440x1440 Dell U3415W.

Tried again in NT8 64 bit- many more times - did not happen.

Ran NT8 32bit with Nvidia graphics processor. Same thing. Happened 4th time in though. And I'm not sure if using Max/Restore in the windows task bar helped things in motion. It might have. Then double click in the window to restore and the error pops up.

I'm connected to nothing. no indicators, no strategies. As simple as it can get for this one.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sledge; 09-07-2016, 05:48 PM.

Comment

hi

i have the same problem here

so far i fond that it happened when i resize my chart or move it to 2nd monitor .

i have an indicator that update the chart with sharpdx routines .

it looks to me it has to do with a display of text on chart with "bad" text format
              i.e. i am looking to change the text format to solve it

Comment

Hello sledge,

I will be investigating this further.

Hello doron,

Can you please provide your trace file(s) for today (or the date this occurred)?

Your trace files can be found within the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\trace folder on your computer.
                Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi
                  The problem is related to to draw text command and draw rectangle command using sharpdx

and it appears when chart resized or moved

in the case of draw text i succeeded to overcome partially as follows:

i used the command

RenderTarget.DrawText(TextToDraw, DynamicFormatOfText, RectangleOfTextToDraw, ForgroundBrushOfText);

and i replaced it with :

RenderTarget.DrawTextLayout(lowerTextPoint.ToVecto r2(), textLayout, textBrushDx, SharpDX.Direct2D1.DrawTextOptions.NoSnap);
                  RenderTarget.AntialiasMode = oldAntialiasMode;

the new drawtext style works fine

Comment

Doren,

Thanks for reporting, your error you were hitting was a this error correct?

2016-09-07 18:29:41:689 ERROR: Chart rendering to a software bitmap failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's render method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x8007000E], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_OUTOFMEMORY/Out of memory], Message: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

Sledge mentioned he could hit it with a blank chart default settings which is why I was chasing an angle specific to his 4K monitor and running in 32 bit. However if you are hitting that same message and believe you resolved by changing an indicator just want to make sure we are talking the same error.

Also, do you have a 4K monitor as well and were you in 32 bit mode?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

hi
                      i am using 64 bit

i am working with standard monitors

i happend to upgrade my graphic card to a new one with modern and up to date graphic packages ( direct - X etc )

the problem started just as i made this update

Comment

Originally posted by doron View Post
                        hi

i happend to upgrade my graphic card to a new one with modern and up to date graphic packages ( direct - X etc )
                        Which graphics card? Nvidia? (GT series? quadro?) AMD?

Comment

my new video card is

gigabyte GTX 1060 GV-N 1060 G1 Gaming 6GD

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                            Doren,

Thanks for reporting, your error you were hitting was a this error correct?

2016-09-07 18:29:41:689 ERROR: Chart rendering to a software bitmap failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's render method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x8007000E], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_OUTOFMEMORY/Out of memory], Message: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

Sledge mentioned he could hit it with a blank chart default settings which is why I was chasing an angle specific to his 4K monitor and running in 32 bit. However if you are hitting that same message and believe you resolved by changing an indicator just want to make sure we are talking the same error.

Also, do you have a 4K monitor as well and were you in 32 bit mode?

Thanks for the help.
                            I tried on another laptop 4k Win7 quadro k2100m. No second monitor. No issue.

It appears a second monitor is necessary (as also Doron mentioned), whether that is 3440x1440 is questionable...

I can try sometime by this weekend laptop 4k with 2560x1600 monitor.

Comment

Hello,

This has been reported to development for further investigation.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance in the meantime.
                              Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Kaledus
                              by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM