Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red / Green MACD Histogram for NT8

Hi,
    I am new to trading and NT8, so forgive me if this is a basic question. I am trying to find a way to customize MACD colors so that when it-s about the zero line the histogram shows green and when it-s below it shows red. I found one in the forum but it was for NT7,

Is there a way to convert them easily (I have no programming skills at all)? Or could you point me in the right direction to find something like this?
    Thanks for your support.
    Julio

Hello Julio,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

To have the MACD change colors on a condition (crossing zero) you would need to modify the indicators code to do so. To convert would not be difficult but with no experience it would be very difficult. While NinjaTrader does not provide programming services we are in the process of converting the NinjaTrader7 indicators to Ninjatrader8 as time permits. Please advise which MACD or post a link to the NinjaTrader7 indicator you are looking at.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for your prompt reply. I found two indicators that seem perfect right now, but I tried to import them in NT8 as Ninjascripts and I get the message they are for other versions. They are located here:

The names are MACDCrossColor and MACD_AvgUpDwn_vNT7

Comment

Hello Julio,

Thanks for your reply.

Correct, NinjaTrader 7 indicators/strategies will not be able to be imported to NinjaTrader 8.

The MACDCrossColor conversion to NT8 was just uploaded to the forum. Here is a link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...hp?&linkid=773

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH PAUL!!! I really appreciate it!!!!

Comment

Hi,
            Quick question. I was playing around with that indicator to try to make the histogram lines a bit thicker.

Right now they are way too thin for me to spot them clearly in my monitor. I am trying to have something along the lines of this.

Any help is highly appreciated!
            Thanks,
            Julio
            Last edited by jfoppoli; 05-25-2016, 10:47 AM. Reason: I realized it was not clear enough

Comment

Hello jfoppoli,

To change the indicators histogram bar thickness, right mouse click on the chart and select "indicators" from the context menu. In the indicators panel, on the lower left side, left click to select the indicator to change, next on the right side, scroll down to the bottom where you see the "Plots" section. Next, left click on the triangle symbol to the left of "Diff", this will expand the diff plot to show the color, dash style, plot style and width. Change the width as needed, click Apply or Ok.

Please see the attached picture for a reference.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks you so much, Paul!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Javierw.ok