nt8 unhandled exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nt8 unhandled exception

I am trying to set an audible alert on a custom indicator. I go into the Indicator window and click on the indicator I want to setup. Enable audio alerts and check a few other boxes then an error message appears: "Unhandled exception. The read lock is being released without being held." An windows error message then pops up and the NT8 crashes.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to clarify, are you using the Alert menu option from a chart, or is this an alert that has been programmed into the item you are using?

If this was programmed into the file, likely we would need to review the syntax being used for the alert to find the problem. Otherwise if this is using the Alerts window, please let me know.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is using an alerts window from within a chart. Also, when I go into the alerts window and then go into Conditions, the indicator I want to have an alert sent on isn't in the list of indicators shown. Is there a way I can add it?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

First does this occur with non custom indicators that come with NinjaTrader? If possible please test using the standard indicators to see if the same error occurs, likely this is due to the code in the custom indicator but we would want to make sure that is the case.

Regarding a indicator not showing up, again this would be up to the programming in the file, is this a third party protected item or something I could import to test?

Comment

It's a 3rd party indicator. But the list of indicators in the condition window are all 3rd party custom indicators that I use. The window lists 5 indicators, unfortunately the one I want isn't listed and there aren't any indicators listed that are native to NT8.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

you would need to add the indicators you want to use to the chart first, is this potentially why it is not showing up?

Regarding the crash, I would be unable to reproduce that unless I can test using a indicator that can show the error.

Comment

ok that makes sense. the indicator I want to have an alert sent on is in the chart, it doesn't show up like a moving average on the chart but rather will color a bar blue when the average contract size increases on a tick chart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post prdecast