Continuum Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum Server

Is the server down? I cannot login to pull historic data.

It looked like I had a forcible logout at ~4:15 pm EST to 7:00 pm EST or so....Friday 5/20/2016...

haven't tried to reconnect... or look at logs... but that was unexpected..

My Rithmic connection was still "connected".

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

Please restart NinjaTrader and attempt to connect once more.
      Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see it is up now - I didn't have to restart. Connection issues where the server reports "no data" I don't restart - your client is working fine - it is the server that was not.

Thanks for bringing the server back online.

---- Please note - this basically renders the Strategy's ability to stay online without us touching it every weekend useless. It would be highly desirable to make the client handle this - otherwise I must reset this every weekend.

I cannot be the only one inconvenienced by this.
        Last edited by MarketAlly; 05-21-2016, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Strategy is flat by 3:50pm est. Intraday only.

I always make a backup, convert new nt7 data to nt8, install only safe windows updates if any, and reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
            It looked like I had a forcible logout at ~4:15 pm EST to 7:00 pm EST or so....Friday 5/20/2016...

haven't tried to reconnect... or look at logs... but that was unexpected..

My Rithmic connection was still "connected".
            Hi Sledge,

I infer from this post that you are using Rithmic and CQG/Continuum connections simultaneoulsy, same as I am. I've had a problem with market data flow that I've narrowed down to Rithmic. I've reported it to NT support but as yet have not received any help from them. I've tried the Rithmic/Continuum combination at two different brokers and the issue has persisted. Basically on high volatility Rithmic blows up: I get multiple prices on the DOM and none may even be correct. When I disconnect Rithmic leaving my Continumm connected, everything returns to normal. This was the case last Wednesday during the FOMC announcement. I subsequently sent my NT Rithmic trace files to Rithmic Support and their response was that NT(8) "was unable to keep up with the data it was subscribing for and lost the market data connection 5 times between 13:16 and 13:23 CST," which was during the height of the volatility on Wednesday. I run four NT DOM's and six charts alongside Tradestation, which also behaved as it normally would during volatility.

My question to you of course is: have you experienced this issue? If so how did you resolve it? If not any insight you may have would be helpful. I am running windows 10, i7 quad core processor with 18 gb RAM.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Pirsqard View Post
              Hi Sledge,

I
              My question to you of course is: have you experienced this issue? If so how did you resolve it? If not any insight you may have would be helpful. I am running windows 10, i7 quad core processor with 18 gb RAM.

Thank you
              Where in the world are you located? How fast is your internet connection?

A lot of people outside the states (Europe) have posted before here about FOMC issues, minutes behind if I remember correctly. Search the forum for FOMC Rithmic and you should see those complaints (if you're outside the states).

I don't trade at these times, but I did watch once and compare to ToS mobile. Took me a little to figure out which was ahead, but Rithmic was lagging up to 15-30 seconds by the time I figured it out. I have not compared either with Continuum during FOMC.

Also - You are using a wired gigabit connection? Don't waste time with wireless.

Speedtest.net shows?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                Where in the world are you located? How fast is your internet connection?

A lot of people outside the states (Europe) have posted before here about FOMC issues, minutes behind if I remember correctly. Search the forum for FOMC Rithmic and you should see those complaints (if you're outside the states).

I don't trade at these times, but I did watch once and compare to ToS mobile. Took me a little to figure out which was ahead, but Rithmic was lagging up to 15-30 seconds by the time I figured it out. I have not compared either with Continuum during FOMC.

Also - You are using a wired gigabit connection? Don't waste time with wireless.

Speedtest.net shows?
                I'm in So. Cal. I will take your advice and do the forum search you suggested. I use a wired connection and my isp is Time Warner cable. Speedtest.net typically shows around 32 mb download and 6 up. In my case FOMC is just one example. My experience with Continuum is that it performs without any noticeable latency during events as volatile as an FOMC announcement, for example non-farm payroll and some of the agricultural and currency announcements where I may enter trades using a buy or sell stop market order.

Based on my experience and your limited experience with Rithmic latency though, it sounds like it might just be Rithmic. Unfortunately the two brokers I currently use only offer CQG/Continuum and Rithmic, so for now I guess I will simply disconnect from Rithmic (and the associated accounts) when I can anticipate volatility, a compromise I find irritating to say the least. What's also irritating is that neither of my brokers nor Rithmic themselves will admit that the issue is experienced by anyone else but me.

I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin