• Show
Clear All

adding references

in a VS C# project I can add a reference to say a com object and then add

Code:
    using myCOMObject
    to my code. can I do this in NT8?

Hello,

You are able to do most things you would in C# normally in NinjaTrader. The best way to answer this question would be to just test it.

Unfortunately I do not have a com item to test to provide an answer on this topic, if you have a item you have been testing in VS, I would suggest using the syntax from that project and try it in NinjaTrader.

In the case you can not get it working please let me know what errors you are running into or other issues and we can try to look further into it.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

getting "type or namespace could not be found. see attached reference in VS C# project.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

If the error is in VS I would not be certain of the cause, the error is simply saying that some type in some reference can not be found. This may come from using syntax without a using statement or fully qualified name for that syntax.

I would not be certain how to get the item you have pictured to work in Visual studio, it appears this is an assembly for TradeStation, do they have any documentation surrounding the assembly you are trying to use?

If you are able to get the item to work in visual studio after finding what references it requires, you may be able to duplicate the same steps in NinjaTrader or mainly referencing the correct files to allow for compilation.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

the error is in NT8 when I add "using GSDLib"

Unless I'm missing something I don't think NT will be able to use all objects without adding a reference (as shown in attached VS C# project) that is also "Using GSDLib"?

Comment

Hello,

You are correct, NinjaTrader would need a reference to use the external code as would visual studio. Visual studio has an additional Com library section where NinjaTrader does not to link com libraries registered with windows.

If you are able to utilize the library as a standard reference in a .net project it should be able to be loaded in NinjaTrader depending on the code used. If the assembly can not be added as a reference specifically using the References menu, there would be no way for the compiler to know about the item in that context. The only time external code could be used without a reference would be in the case you are using PInvoke methods to call on an external assembly, outside of that any .net assembly code will need a reference.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses