Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B11: Misleading NT with SA Startup Results

Hello,

I closed down NT while leaving an existing Strategy Analyzer window open and loaded with the results of a standard execution of a strategy A.

Before actually closing NT, I decided I wanted to see the results of another strategy B first, so I selected another strategy but then decided to close NT anyway.

NT prompted me if I wanted to save my workspace and I replied "yes".

Later when I restarted NT, it "auto" opened the SA I previously left open with all the results of Strategy A and parameters of Strategy B.

When I selected Chart, I see the results of Strategy A.

This is more of an issue with UI than a bug. On startup of NT, the SA window "appears" as if it opened and spend some CPU generating the results of Strategy A using parameters for Strategy B.

I suggest the SA window include some form of Visual hint on the parameters panel that indicates the parameters have been altered and no longer "agree" or "align" with the results of the Summary, Analysis, Chart, Executions, Trades, Orders, Monte Carlo and Settings found in with the Display dropdown menu. And that a Run is required to align them.

This is similar to the operation of the NT script editor, where and '*' appears next to the script name indicating a compile is required.

Thank you

Hello rayko,

I gave this a test but I was not able to reproduce your results.

Just to confirm I am doing the right steps, the Strategy Analyzer is opened and a strategy is tested. Then the strategy selection is changed and then retested. Then NinjaTrader is restarted. The result is that the summary results do not match the test of the second script. Is this process correct?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

Sorry I forgot, I usually put steps... oops
      1. With NT open, test script A using a Strategy Analyzer window
      2. Change SA window by selecting script B
      3. Shutdown NT, leaving the SA window open and when prompted, save the workspace
      4. Start NT, the workspace will open with an SA window containing script B settings and script A results
      5. On the SA window, select Analysis (or any other category) from the Display dropdown menu. The SA window calculates and shows detailed results of script A
      6. Click run button on the SA window. SA window will now correctly show script B parameters along with script B results

Here is a short screencast of an SA window, demonstrating steps 4-6.
      Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thank you
      Last edited by rayko; 05-24-2016, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Hi rayko,

I took a quick video demonstrating the behavior that I feel that you are describing.
        http://screencast.com/t/UDyL9aEbeHSE

Basically, when NT8 is shutdown, all windows are saved exactly as is. You are asking for the summary to be reset to 0 in the Strategy Analyzer window instead of saving this window as is, is this correct?

Comment

Hello Chelsea

Thanks for your reply. What I'm thinking is the SA can provide a visual clue that the current parameters have changed and that they are not the same ones that generated the current results being displayed by the SA.

So save behavior of the SA as a "as-is" picture is great, but to also include this new behavior of showing that the results of the SA are not aligned with the parameters and that the user needs to click the run button to refresh the results.

Here is a another screen cast I've done, I hope explains it better.
          Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello rayko,

Is my description in-accurate?
            Does your new video demonstrate behavior that I have not described that I am not understanding from the video?

From my understanding, you would like an indication that the results in summary do not match the parameters and / or script selected in the parameters on the right, is this not what you are requesting?
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 06-01-2016, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

Yes you are correct. I included the new video to better explain how I see the SA would indicate a refresh was required, since summary do not match the parameters and / or script selected.

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

Do you have any update on this that you can share ?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello rayko,

Our development has returned a tracking ID for your feature request. Your request to identify when the parameters selected do not match the last run test results in the Strategy Analyzer is being tracked with ID# SFT-1419.

Please let us know of any other suggestions you have for the NinjaTrader platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post traderqz  
                  Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes