Collapse

Import failed.The NinjaScript Archive file may contain duplicate method names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import failed.The NinjaScript Archive file may contain duplicate method names

Hi,

I'm getting this error when trying to reinstall the Chop Index and ADXVMA indicator from the Version 8 Indicator section of this forum. The indicators were installed and appear to now be missing after upgrade to B11.

How do I correct this issue? The indicators are no longer in: Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

In the beta things do change between each version, this can cause compile errors if old items are re used in some cases. Could you post links to the files you had tried that are no longer working?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the links.

I do see the first item was released for version 8.0.0.5 so it is quite out of date. I was able to import the item though and see it plot, likely you should be able to do this as well. Are you getting an error upon trying to import the ADXVMA?

The second link I am I was unable to import, this was due to a change in the syntax. I have notified the author of the change. For the time being, please check if the item is installed and causing an error by doing the following:

Click New -> NinjaScript Editor
      Expand the Indicators folder
      Look for the file named ChoppinessIndex, if it is present, right click it and select Remove.
      Now press F5 to compile.

After doing this, if you are in a compiled state you should see no errors and hear the compile noise.

you should be able to import the first item once again after doing this process to ensure you are in a compiled state.

Comment

Hi Jesse,

Yes, I am getting the error when trying to install ADXVMA. The reason you didn't get the error was due to not having the indicator previously installed before B11.

The ADXVMA and the Chop Index is not in my Ninjatrader Indicator document folder. I tried to remove them before I posted on this forum.

To be clear, I had the both of the indicators above on a chart. After I upgraded to B11, when I restarted Ninjatrader, received a duplicate method error and the indicators were no longer on my chart. I tried to remove the indicators using the method you mentioned, but there not there. I'm stumped so I posted on this forum asking for assistance

Thank you..

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Based on the errors it sounds like there is a conflicting item imported that shares some portion of code with the items being imported. If you get a duplicate method error, that would generally mean something is in conflict and the item would likely be removed from the workspaces.

Because I am unsure what all has been imported or what could be conflicting, likely you would need to schedule a support call for a future date by emailing our platform support @ ninjatrader.com in reference to this thread post.

NT8 items are secondary in priority so a call may not be immediate but we will schedule a call with you to see what specifically is happening.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes