Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B11: Chart Rendering Failed. A directX error

Hello

I received this error on the log while view a chart. The chart was using a version of SuperTrend I've been working on. So far I have only gotten the errors once. I'll try to reproduce it.

2016-06-04 14:02:54:841|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index'
    2016-06-04 14:02:54:865|3|4|A direct X error has occured while rendering the chart: HRESULT: [0x88990001], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_STATE/WrongState], Message: The object was not in the correct state to process the method.
    2016-06-04 14:02:54:865|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990001], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_STATE/WrongState], Message: The object was not in the correct state to process the method. '

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

The SharpDX errors specifically are very difficult to get any relevent information out of unfortunately. From this all we can really know is there was some problem related to a chart which could include quite a few items, most likely something caused the chart to have an error while rendering.

If you do happen to run across any situation where you can reproduce this using the custom code or not, I would like to see the code or steps used to file a report surrounding what is being done.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've had this as well. It seems to happen when trying to use drawing objects like lines & rectangles.

Comment

I connected to playback-MR and drew a bunch of random objects during playback (lines/triangles/zones), played around with them, and nothing happened.

Are your video card drivers up to date?

Comment

Hello rayko,
          So far the B11 has caused me a lot of problems, one of which, is exactly as per your description. On my indicator I am using RenderTarget.FillRectangle(rectf, LinGradBrush); to draw 4 rows of rectangles with gradient colors at the bottom of the chart and received similar error messages. These messages are more prevalent when the data feed is connected (to Kinetick - End of day free), while adding a new tab to a chart with multiple existing tabs.
          Now I have just replaced the .FillRectangle() with a custom SharpDX DrawGeometry(...) function and these error messages have not returned yet. However, I suspect that other error messages would surface under other conditions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post f.saeidi  
          Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick