How to use multiple targets but only one stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use multiple targets but only one stop

My ATM strategy uses one scale and one final target. I am all in and then scale out so I do not want it to split the stop loss into two orders. Basically it enters all in but then it sends two targets and two stops even though the stops are the same price. Im with Interactive Brokers and this is causing my stop loss to be activated as two separate trades and therefore double the commission when the stops are both at the exact same price. Any help on how to fix this?

Is this a stock or futures contract?

Comment

This is for FX but I will be trading futures the same way.

Comment

Hello billko1977,

So I may better understand how your ATM strategy is set up, could you send a photo of your SuperDOM or your Chart Trader with your ATM Strategy section open?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
        Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
        Click here for detailed instruction
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Let me know if this is what you need..

Thanks

EDIT: I tried to just delete the second stop loss in the ATM settings but it adds it automatically when i save it.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by billko1977; 06-07-2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Hello billko1977,

While there is no way to combine the stop losses on your orders while separating the profit targets, one strategy you could adopt would be to simply use a 1 target strategy, and then to enter the market with a buy stop order 11 ticks above the currently traded price manually (middle mouse button in the SuperDOM). This will reduce the number of trades you need to make by one if you were entering the market on a buy market order.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

I could understand if i scaled in that it would be two separate orders but when I open the trade as one entry I dont understand why it would be split just because im not closing it out all at once.At this point I can see that ive made a terrible mistake going with NT8. I thought that as long as it had been out that it would be usable but ive had nothing but problems from the get go. This is the final straw and if i have to manually adjust all my trades after the fact then I can do that much easier without NT.

Thanks for your help

William

Comment

Hello billko,

Ninja has two main ways to automate trades. The ATM is designed to make simple OCO (order-cancel-order) pair creation easier. For more complicated and nuanced strategies, we have historically used NinjaScript strategies.

However, in light of your use case, and to ensure valued customers like yourself have the best experience we can provide, I have requested that placing profit targets not coupled with a stop loss be added as a feature to NinjaTrader 8.

I will update this thread with more information on this feature as it becomes available. You can also check up on the status of this and other improvements at this link,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, and please do not hesitate to reach out if there are any other ways we can improve your experience with Ninja.

Comment

Thank you for your help. Thats good to know that in the future this may be available. Unfortunately in the mean time that kinda leaves me stuck. I really appreciate you assistance and have a nice day.

William

Comment

Hello billko1977,

This feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

SFT-1446

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.

Comment

i am in favour of this enhancements too

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post jaybedreamin  
                      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM