Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 - NT8 Conertability

Hello all,

I have been using NT7 and have some nice strategy's that I use. Each has several indicators and ATM applied. My only issue with NT7 is the time needed to run the optimizer as I believe this is not utilizing all of the cores of my extremely high cost and fast system. My understanding is that NT8 will allow for this? If so will my current NT7 setup transfer to the NT8 platform or will I have coding issues with indicators etc...

Any help pointing me towards any thread or advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

GuppyDRV
    Last edited by GuppyDRV; 06-12-2016, 06:15 PM.

Hello GuppyDRV,

Thanks for your post.

To get you started, here is a link to what's new in NinjaTrader 8: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...?whats_new.htm

In the general section are these bullets:
    Upgraded to the latest Microsoft .NET 4.5 runtime environment
    • NinjaTrader 8 core and UI is now fully multi-threaded, which adds significant performance increases across the entire platform
    • Connectivity adapters now run in their own thread, which permits these events to run independent of the main application thread
    • Changed the way data is saved in the database resulting in significant performance enhancements
    • Replaced the Windows Forms UI with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), allowing us to take advantage of the latest UI concepts and models
    • Improved optimizations in terms of open workspaces resources for efficient CPU usage
    • Significant improvements on Strategy Optimization, resulting in 10x performance gains in our benchmarks
    • Added support for concurrent historical bar requests, greatly improving data load time compared to NinjaTrader 7

In the strategy analyzer section, "The Strategy Analyzer has benefited from many of the general performance enhancements done to the NinjaTrader 8 codebase, which has improved the speed of backtesting and optimizing substantially.
    We’ve added the ability to save a Strategy Analyzer session in the workspace. When restored, a Strategy Analyzer saved in a workspace will restore the last tested result summary, allowing you to pick up where you left off after a restart. You can also now save multiple templates of individual strategy settings, permitting you to research and track many different scenarios using the same strategy.

Because of all the technology changes, NinjaTrader7 scripts will not run as is in NinjaTrader 8. Here is link to the code breaking changes: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Paul,
      Thanks for the information. Do you know if there is a place listing the native indicators or open source/add on indicators available at this time. I checked some of the Ecosystem sites but found way to many for rapid sorting.

GuppyDRV

Comment

Another question, I have been running an optimization now for 28 hours (need to see how long it takes just out of curiosity). The time remaining indicator continually cycles from as low as 5 minutes to a high of 23:59:59 minutes. The indicator bar to the immediate right is empty no green showing. How accurate is this indicator bar? After 28 hours has my test not even completed a perceptible amount or is it often the case that it shows nothing?

GuppyDRV

Comment

Hello GuppyDRV,

Thanks for your posts.

The in platform indicators are the same from NT7 to NT8.

I do not know of a 3rd party list of all available NT8 indicators.

There are a number of indicators available here in the NT8 forums: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=7

For your question on the optimizer, is this in NT7 or NT8? (You are posting in the NT8 forum here so if it is on NT7 please re-post in the NT7 strategy Analyzer forum).
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes