NT8 Requirements...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Requirements...

NT8 finally includes some features I have been needing for trading. I have a Macbook Pro and currently run the unpaid demo version in VirtualBox with 2GB ram allocated and no access to video card etc.

If purchasing a laptop specifically to run NT8, what would you guys (the developers) recommend are important points to look for if its only task is running NT. Ram? Video Card etc? Thanks.

What are you using it for? Live trading? Market Replay Testing? Strategy Analyzer?

Heavy indicators/charts?

What's your budget?

I love this model (which may not be for sale any where anymore.. last seen at Adorama for $1999... (was the previous $2300 on sale price)...
    Welcome to the MSI USA website. MSI designs and creates Mainboard, AIO, Graphics card, Notebook, Netbook, Tablet PC, Consumer electronics, Communication, Barebone, Server, industrial computing, Multimedia, Clean Machine and Car Infotainment.

It is faster than the newer model... but the newer model can expand to 32GB ram.

This is the newer model.. Playback-Market Replay is NOT as fast. We are talking 4 hours vs 7 hours in a 2.5 year replay. (My overclocked 4000Mhz i7 5820k DDR4 desktop has the same speed issues as the ddr4 laptop version).

Buy MSI WS Series Mobile Workstation Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 256 GB SSD NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 15.6" 4K / UHD Windows 10 Pro WS60 6QJ-258 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

But the led keys are better, and the mouse trackpad has the up/down scroll feature...
    (This model is also a matte screen I believe, so not glossy like all of mine (which hasn't been a problem))

I also have a Win7 WT60 3k..(single ssd) it's faster than the newer ws60. DDR4 has proven to be a failure for me. (and this laptop pretty damn heavy!!!)

There are newer WS60s that are around $1500..but you get what you pay for... no 4k, no raid 0, etc...

It all depends on what you are doing... You can get away with a $600-$800 laptop for sure.

Comment

Hello fxRichard,

Thank you for your post,

You can find out minimum PC requirements for NinjaTrader 8 at the link below.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm

Thank you for your use and interest in NinjaTrader!
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post mattbsea  
      Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes