Cheapest Data Feed for Stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest Data Feed for Stocks

What is the lowest priced intraday data feed - where I can see pre-market and market that you offer.

Thanks

Hello Cgson,

I would suggest Kinetick if you are looking for a dedicated data provider for stocks. Kinetick has been engineered specifically for the NinjaTrader platform, so we can offer this service at a discounted rate compared to other data providers.

Kinetick will also provide pre and post-market data if the exchanges are reporting live trading activity. You will just need to make sure your charts within NinjaTrader are using a "Default 24/7" session template.

Here is an overview of a Kinetick subscription to provide live data for major US stocks:
    • Kinetick Basic Service - $55
    • NASDAQ Level 1 - $6
    • NYSE Level 1 - $6

Here is a link to the Kinetick subscription page:
    Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Which stocks come with the basic Kinetick service if you have to pay extra for NYSE and Nasdaq?

Comment

Hello Cgson,

With just the Kinetick Basic Service subscription you will receive delayed and historical data for equities on the NYSE and NASDAQ.

To receive real time data you will need to subscribe to the exchange.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok that makes more sense. Is IQFeed the same type of thing. For $75 do you get all real time data or do you have to subscribe to the exchange.

Question about Kinetick end of day; Can you see real time data with this? I understand the smallest you can see is daily but mine does not seem to be up to date. Also can I see a price on SuperDOM using Kinetick end of day?

Comment

Hello Cgson,

The Kinetick End Of Day connection only provides historical data.

Real time data is required for the SuperDOM.

Comment

If I wanted to start using play money to trade equity do I need a broker? Obviously I need a data feed, was hoping to get a real time one for free but I guess I can't, but do I need a broker account?

Comment

Hello Cgson,

To paper trade you will just need to receive data in NinjaTrader.

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the Simulated Data connection.

Comment

I have NT8 platform, if I get ninjatrader brokerage is there anyway to see a simulated data feed for free?

Comment

Hello Cgson,

I am not aware of any free data providers with NinjaTrader.

If you open a brokerage account, you can subscribe to real time data through the brokerage.

Comment

Is it possible to get some type of deal if I use the ninjatrader brokerage and Kinetick? Or at least a way to use the market replay so I can practice?

Comment

Hello Cgson,

I have provided a link below to our YouTube that goes over Market Replay.

Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video is a recording of our live "Market Replay" webinar covering the topics:5:58 – Getting Start...

To set up Market Replay you will first need to have data for Market Replay.

There are 2 ways of getting market data for Market Replay

Record live market data To do this you will need to enable the Market Replay Recorder by going to Tools> Options> Data check Record for market replay and select OK Now data will be recorded for any instrument in any NinjaTrader window that is receiving live market data. Level II (market depth) data is only recorded if a Level II, SuperDOM, or FX Pro window is open and receiving data for the instrument. The Market Analyzer window is the recommended recording window as multiple instruments can be added to one Market Analyzer window and all recorded at the same time.

Download replay data from the NinjaTrader server NinjaTrader offers a limited amount of replay data free to download. Only the most common instruments are currently available.
                        Notes:

Record for market replay must be disabled from the Data tab of the Options menu before downloading replay data.
                        NOT available when connected to the Market Replay connection.
                        To download replay data:

Select the File menu in the Control Center, select the menu item Utilities and select Download Replay Data... The Download Replay Data window appears.
                        Select the instrument and date of the desired replay data and press the OK button to begin the download.
                        To start Market Replay first disconnect from any other connections. Connect to the Market replay by going to File> Connect> Market Replay

Select the time frame for the Market Replay Data you would like to view. NinjaTrader windows will only display data for instruments and times you have data available.

You can check what data you have available by right clicking on the Market Replay control and selecting Available data. Data will only be displayed within the selected time frame.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.

Comment

Are there any further discounts if you use NT8 with NT brokerage with Kinetick w/real time data with an unfunded sim account? Can the $55 be discounted in this case until the account is funded?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Kinetick offers historical Daily data as a free service and as a representative of the type of data that we offer with a monthly subscription. Since Kinetick is billed monthly and competitively priced, we are unable to offer trial periods or discounts.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
                              Hello,

Kinetick offers historical Daily data as a free service and as a representative of the type of data that we offer with a monthly subscription. Since Kinetick is billed monthly and competitively priced, we are unable to offer trial periods or discounts.
                              I will have to try out Kinetick! Thanks for the suggestion

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
                              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Skifree