Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different timeframe issue

Good day,
    I have encountered problem with custom timeframe.
    For instance in some particular workspace I've got an instrument with 2 timeframes:
    1 - daily,
    2- 5 hours
    Considering that there is no hourly timeframe I've got to create custom from minutes which are 300 minutes.
    Whenever I open the program and connect to my account, daily chart in that workplace updates automatically but 300 minutes not, hence I have to minimized to 60 minutes which is standard in order to be updated and than go back to 300.
    Moreover there is no black price ticker displayed on custom timeframe.
    Kindly advise.

P.S. Is there anything wrong with sugar 11 futures data today? Cause it's not updating. Last price-yesterday price. Other futures work well in real time data.

Regards

Hello tatarmalay,

Any sized minute chart should load historical data from the connection if the connection supports the instrument and if you have a subscription to the instrument.

The SB (Sugar No. 11 future) is currently trading the 07-16 contract month.

May I confirm you are loading SB 07-16?

Who is your broker or data provider that you are connected to for data? (This is shown in green in the lower left corner of the Control Center)

We are not receiving reports from other traders that historical data is not loading for the SB 07-16. I am also able to load historical data for the SB 07-16 on my end using NinjaTrader Continuum Demo (the demo does not provide real-time data for the SB but does provide historical data).
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply Chelsea.
      Data is being loaded as connection created for all default timeframes, but I have issues with auto-refresh with custom timeframe.
      I do use Continuum as well and as per my knowledge all futures are provided with real time data.
      If not could you guide me where can I get info which instrument gets real time data and which gets historical.
      Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Comment

Hello tatarmalay,

This would depend on if you are using a demo or if you have a funded brokerage account.

With the demo, I would not be able to provide a list of instruments that have real-time data, but I can look up an instrument for you and see if this has real-time data on the demo.

The SB 07-16 does not have real-time data on the NinjaTrader Continuum (Demo) but does load historical data.

If you are using a funded brokerage account, we would need to check with your broker to see if this instrument was subscribed on the MDE form.
        If you have a subscription to that instrument, then you would receive real-time data.

Are you connected to the demo account or a live account?

To confirm, you are receiving historical data on the chart, is this correct?

Comment

Hello Chelsea,
          Yeah I am connected to demo and it looks like I am getting end of the day data on some instruments.
          Anyway its same for all Kinetick and Continuum.

Back to problem with timeframe. I have purposely reconnected to platform and had same problem. All default time frames were updated automatically except for custom, were I ought to update it manually with switching to default time frame.

It's just matter of curiosity, why can we find so many time frames in platform except for hourly?
          Why company developer did not include hourly time frame as a default?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Comment

Hello tatarmalay,

I'm not quite sure that I am understanding.

Any minute interval would be a minute chart but would not count as custom.

Are you using a custom programmed bar type and not using minute bars?

Are you loading a minute based chart and this will not load? (If a 1 minute chart loads, any other minute interval should load as well)

There will not be any real-time data for this instrument on the demo feed, but there is historical data.

Can you clarify the issue that you are experiencing?

The data providers only provide tick, minute, and daily data. Every other bar type is made from one of the underlying bar types. Since an hour chart is the same as a 60 minute chart and would be made from minute data, it was decided adding an hour interval is not necessary.

Comment

Good day Chelsea,
              I've got one more question.
              Apologies for probably stupid questions.
              Could you tell which instruments can I trade using demo account.
              I was trying to go through each instrument and got only 4 (s&p 500 futures, Dax futures, gold futures and crude oil futures) so far which got real time data as it looks like cause orders are being filled.
              For the rest, orders are submitted but not filled and I am getting an error message - "Sim101, There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine"

Why I am asking, cause I've gone through some educational videos from ninjatrader about platform posted on youtube, and as I recall most of the examples were shown using demo account and forex pairs all blinking on the screen, means that they all having real time data.
              Unfortunately I wasn't able to see same blinking. Forex board has shown 0s' everywhere.

Could you guide through this please.

Regards,

Comment

Hello tatarmalay,

As I have mentioned in post #4, I am not able to provide a list of the instruments that are currently receiving real-time data with the NinjaTrader Continuum Demo.

I am able to look up an instrument and see if the instrument is currently allowed for real-time data on the demo.

The error you are getting is because there is no real-time data for an instrument. Real-time data must be received to run the Simulation Engine.

NinjaTrader Continuum is a connection for Futures and does not provide data for Forex or Equities.

Comment

Hello Chelsea,
                  Thank you for quick reply.
                  But even most of the futures are not being provided with real time data but as I recall there was an add while initial registration that futures are provided with real time data.

Anyway thank you very much for your support.

Regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  16 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Leafcutter  
                  Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes