Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar width: setting vs. dragging

NT 8.0.0.11: data connection CQG

If I create a new chart and set its bar width to 50, the result is that every bar overlaps with no distance between them. I see that the read-only property chartControl.BarMarginLeft is hard-coded to 8, but this doesn't seem to be working. Dragging the x-axis to resize its scale does not fix the overlap problem.

If I create a new chart and leave its bar width at the default of 3 and then drag the x-axis, I can get the bar width to 50 without overlap. However, the distance between bars is too large and apparently cannot be decreased.
    Attached Files

Hello tradesmart,

I attempted to reproduce this behavior but I was unable.

http://screencast.com/t/Isrgb3s1KSZ

May I confirm you are on the latest version of the Beta (version 8.0.0.11)?

Can you created a short video demonstrating the behavior?

Below is a publicly available link to free software that can create a short video.
    https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello tradesmart,

I attempted to reproduce this behavior but I was unable.

http://screencast.com/t/Isrgb3s1KSZ

May I confirm you are on the latest version of the Beta (version 8.0.0.11)?

Can you created a short video demonstrating the behavior?

Below is a publicly available link to free software that can create a short video.
      https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html
      Thanks for your quick response. Yes 8.0.0.11 beta.

Your video demonstrates what I am seeing here. My main point was that the only way to eliminate the overlap that results from setting a wide bar width seems to require that one first use the default bar width and then drag the x-axis to widen the bars: a two-step process that, it seems to me, would be better as a single step.

My second point was that I'm not aware of any way to control the distance between bars, which would be nice. In NT7 I used the undocumented ChartControl.BarSpaceIntern and ChartControl.BarWidth to do this.

Comment

Hello tradesmart,

I am understanding. You are not saying the behavior is different between NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8, you are instead wanting to submit a feature request to allow the bar width to automatically reset to the default bar width size any time the x-axis range is changed, is this correct?

Comment

Hello tradesmart,

I am understanding. You are not saying the behavior is different between NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8, you are instead wanting to submit a feature request to allow the bar width to automatically reset to the default bar width size any time the x-axis range is changed, is this correct?
          No. I want to be able to control both bar width and the spacing between them; either through the UI or in code, preferably both. In NT7, I could do this in code, but not, to my knowledge, in NT8.

Comment

Hi tradesmart

In NinjaTrader 8 Beta you can control the bar spacing and bar width through code.

ChartControl.BarWidth = 25;
            ChartControl.Properties.BarDistance = 100f;

The bar distance cannot be set in the UI however. Would you like to submit a feature request to add a control for the bar distance to the Data Series properties?

Comment

Hi tradesmart

In NinjaTrader 8 Beta you can control the bar spacing and bar width through code.

ChartControl.BarWidth = 25;
              ChartControl.Properties.BarDistance = 100f;

The bar distance cannot be set in the UI however. Would you like to submit a feature request to add a control for the bar distance to the Data Series properties?
              Thanks! Yes, I think that would be a nice feature to have in the UI for data series properties.

The attached image is an NT7 chart where I've set the bar width to 80 manually via UI data series properties and the spacing via an indicator's OnStartUp code.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi tradesmart,

Your feature request to expose the BarDistance DataSeres property in the UI is being tracked with ID# SFT-1455.

We highly appreciate your feedback. Please let me know of any other suggestions or requests you have for the NinjaTrader platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                1 response
                0 likes