Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Reflecting Type

Hi,

I wrote two indicators and they happen to be in a custom folder. I get an error "Could not save indicator XXXX: There was an error reflecting type "YYYYYY"

XXXX = indicator name
    YYYY = indicator namespace.name

This error occurs when I try to save the indicators as default indicators, or when they indicators or on the chart and I try to save the workspace.

Hello KhaosTrader,

Thank you for your post.

We would need the full message as read in the log as well as an indicator that produces this message.

May we test one of the indicators that is producing this message? You can send it to us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1531337' in the subject line. The file is located under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators and will be a .cs file.

Comment

Hi,

This error occurred when I changed class names in the indicator. I just deleted all these classes, recompiled, then added the classes back in, and recompiled again, and it worked.

Comment

I'm presently trying to track down the cause of an error message I'm getting:

2016-11-08 14:37:20:496 ERROR: Could not save indicator 'AtsTimeSales:' There was an error reflecting type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.ATS.AtsTSIndy' .

Can NT8 be changed to log more detailed exception information? What member of my class was reflection happening on that caused the error? I don't know and it's a large class. The details would help. Thank you.

Comment

Hello Brillo,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward your request to development.

Comment

Thanks Patrick,
            This example is not the only one I've experienced this issue.
            Another one that I've been getting sometimes is when I'm closing a workspace and I get an exception:

Code:
            2016-11-07 11:15:00:798|0|4|Unhandled exception: The specified Visual is not a descendant of this Visual.
            It would be useful to know more info about the 2 visuals involved, the type of the exception and the callstack.

Maybe just logging exception.ToString() would be better than logging exception.Message.
            But for certain types like the ones I mentioned some additional info about the objects would have to be explicitly logged in the handlers. This will help you guys track the problems down more quickly when users forward you the logs.

Comment

Hello Brillo,

Your feature request has been assigned the id SFT-1276.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Perr0Grande  
              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post elderan