Strategy: Tab vs Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy: Tab vs Chart

I know there are (at least) two ways to run a strategy: in a chart and in the strategy tab. After reading the doc I don't fully understand the difference between those two.
    When I run a strategy in a chart it still does appear also in the strategy tab. But when I close the chart the strategy gets stopped and removed also from the strategy tab. Is it possible to close the chart window but let the strategy run on? And then at a later point re-open the chart view for the strategy?

Or the other way round:
    When starting a strategy in the strategy tab, is it possible to get the chart view out of it? I would like to have a strategy running over a longer period of time (days, weeks) and to be able to open the strategy's chart view at any time so I can investigate what the strategy is doing by seeing the visualized indicators the strategy is based on.
    I only found "Strategy tab -> Strategy Performance -> Trades -> Chart" to see a chart with the strategy's execution, but it's indicators are not shown there.

Originally posted by _vbs_ View Post
    Is it possible to close the chart window but let the strategy run on? And then at a later point re-open the chart view for the strategy?
    No, once that chart is closed the strategy will be disabled and could not be restored.
    When starting a strategy in the strategy tab, is it possible to get the chart view out of it
    No, this is also not possible. You can, however, right click on the strategy in the Strategies tab > select Strategy Performance > Realtime > Chart.

Comment

Thanks Patrick for the quick answer! So basically the only way to see the strategy's working plots (indicators etc.) in a chart is to start the strategy in a chart from the beginning and keep the chart window open, right?

Comment

Thanks Patrick for the quick answer! So basically the only way to see the strategy's working plots (indicators etc.) in a chart is to start the strategy in a chart from the beginning and keep the chart window open, right?
        That is correct. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred