UniRenko Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UniRenko Bars

I've noticed that NT8, on EURUSD, prints Renko bars 2-5 time faster than in NT7. Is this due to the tenth pip in NT8? They go so fast that they're pretty much useless. The 70 tick chart looks like it is crawling in comparison.

Edit: I just loaded 2 Renko in NT7 and in NT8 and 8 is printing bars at least 5 time faster.

Forex with FXCM.
    Last edited by Segwin; 06-27-2016, 09:16 AM.

I've discovered what the problem is.

In the instrument manager - EURUSD - if the tick size is set to 0001 then the Renko bars will print correctly however the ruler as well as the ATM strategies are incorrect. If the EURUSD, in the instrument manager, is set to 00001 then the Renko bars print way to fast but the ruler and the ATM strategies are correct.

Attached are screen shots.

Terence
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the follow up and Screenshots Segwin.
      James C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any followup on this yet?

Thank you.

Terence

Comment

Hello Terence,

I've done some testing and yes the change in tick size from .0001 to .00001 will make the renko bars display much faster than normal. In Ninjatrader 7 it defaults to .0001 so that's why you are seeing the difference.

In regards to the ruler, I would recommend checking your settings by right clicking on the Ruler and then left clicking on Properties. In the "Y value display unit" make sure the setting is set to "Pips".

I would also recommend checking for this in your ATM Strategy "Custom Strategy Parameters". To do this, click on the drop down under "ATM Strategy" from a SuperDOM or Chart Trader window and then choose "Custom". Next, under "Parameter type" choose "Pips".

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JamesC View Post
            Hello Terence,

I've done some testing and yes the change in tick size from .0001 to .00001 will make the renko bars display much faster than normal. In Ninjatrader 7 it defaults to .0001 so that's why you are seeing the difference.

In regards to the ruler, I would recommend checking your settings by right clicking on the Ruler and then left clicking on Properties. In the "Y value display unit" make sure the setting is set to "Pips".

I would also recommend checking for this in your ATM Strategy "Custom Strategy Parameters". To do this, click on the drop down under "ATM Strategy" from a SuperDOM or Chart Trader window and then choose "Custom". Next, under "Parameter type" choose "Pips".

Hello James.

Thank you for the response.

Acting on your advice I started to change the setting. What I found works is:

Set the tic size for 0.0001 in the instrument manager.
            Set the ruler for ticks.
            Set the ATM Strategy for ticks.

Now everything displays as it should. Not sure if this was the original intent but it is what works. This is for Forex with FXCM.

Thanks again.

Terence

Comment

Hello Terence,

Thank you for the follow up. Great to hear that everything is working!

Comment

Hello James,

After doing more testing it isn't right. Renko bars through the whole thing off and it has to do with the 10th pip.

It is easier to show what is going on than to try to explain everything with text and pictures.

I see that TeamViewer is installed. I would welcome the opportunity to get together on TeamViewer to show you (or any tech support) what is going on.

Thanks,

Terence

Comment

Hello Terence,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, you can show me the issues you are seeing over TeamViewer. Just send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the time you'd like me to get connected, the ID and Password to get logged into your PC and a link to the forum post. Our regular support hours are 8:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. US Eastern, Monday through Friday.

I look forward to supporting you further.

Comment

Thanks James. Just sent the email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                    Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM