Parabolic SAR dot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parabolic SAR dot

I am switching over from TD Ameritrade StrategyDesk to NT 8, and I have a looking for guidance on when the PSAR dot gets drawn on screen.

The PSAR in NT8 appears on screen once the bar is closed/locked. I am used to (and prefer) the PSAR being live on screen when the bar is being built and moving according to price action.

Is there a way to have the "PSAR dot" reactive on screen, so when the threshold is reached it can flip to the other side of price action? This will allow for a more precise intrabar CLOSE instead of after the bar is locked (and much time could have passed.)

Thanks.

Originally posted by ArmKnuckle View Post
    I am switching over from TD Ameritrade StrategyDesk to NT 8, and I have a looking for guidance on when the PSAR dot gets drawn on screen.

The PSAR in NT8 appears on screen once the bar is closed/locked. I am used to (and prefer) the PSAR being live on screen when the bar is being built and moving according to price action.

Is there a way to have the "PSAR dot" reactive on screen, so when the threshold is reached it can flip to the other side of price action? This will allow for a more precise intrabar CLOSE instead of after the bar is locked (and much time could have passed.)

Thanks.
    Change the indicator's Calculate property to OnEachTick.

Comment

Calculate doesn't exist in the NT8 Parabolic SAR indicator as it does in my Strategies.

Will adding this new section of code to "(State == State.SetDefaults)":

Calculate = Calculate.OnEachTick;

change how the PSAR reacts?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello ArmKnuckle,

Adding Calculate = Calculate.OnEachTick; to State.SetDefaults will set the indicator to calculate on each tick by default rather than at bar close.

Please take a look at this help guide link for further information about the Calculate property: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?calculate.htm
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ArmKnuckle View Post
          Calculate doesn't exist in the NT8 Parabolic SAR indicator as it does in my Strategies.

Will adding this new section of code to "(State == State.SetDefaults)":

Calculate = Calculate.OnEachTick;

change how the PSAR reacts?

Thanks!
          I do not know which ParabolicSAR you are using then. I clearly see "Calculate" on the one in my NT8B11, and all others before it.

Comment

Figured it out.

Thanks!
            Last edited by ArmKnuckle; 06-30-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post samish18