NT8 B11: Empty chart when Break At EOD is unselected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 B11: Empty chart when Break At EOD is unselected

I have identified a bug, where NT8 B11 displays an empty chart when a new minute chart is created.

To reproduce the bug

- set Tools -> Options -> Market Data -> Global merge policy to "Do not merge"
    - open a minute chart for a futures contract
    - then unselect Data Series -> Time frame -> Break at EOD

The result will be an empty chart - see attachment.

The bug does not show with other than minute charts for single month futures contracts. For example, when Break at EOD is unselected

- tick charts show correctly with single month futures or merged futures contracts
    - merged back adjusted or merged non back adjusted charts are correctly displayed as well

The problem only occurs for minute charts in combination with single month futures contracts.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Harry; 07-04-2016, 03:19 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I am not able to see the same effect occur on my end while using these steps. Would it be possible for you to create a empty workspace and re create the steps, then save and attach that worksapce?

If I can use the workspace to reproduce this, that would be helpful otherwise it will help see what may be happening on your end.

After saving the workspace, it can be found here: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I am not able to see the same effect occur on my end while using these steps. Would it be possible for you to create a empty workspace and re create the steps, then save and attach that worksapce?

If I can use the workspace to reproduce this, that would be helpful otherwise it will help see what may be happening on your end.

After saving the workspace, it can be found here: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces

The issue is 100% reproducible.Please try again!

First set Tools -> Options -> Market Data -> Global merge policy to "DoNotMerge".
      In a second step open a minute chart for ES 09-16.
      In a third step select DataSeries from the chart drop down box and unselect "Break At EOD".

The chart should now be empty.

The issue is probably related to another bug, which was identified by the member @Tiixo. Please see related thread over here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=81818

I have attached the workspace below as requested,
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing the workspace.

I have been unable to reproduce this on any internal test machines or my own currently with what has been provided.

I would like to see if this is connection related or data related, can you tell me who you are connecting to during this test?

Also have you tried exiting the platform and clearing the historical data cache to see if this is data related? If not please try clearing the contents of the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache

Comment

I have had a look at the issue again. The problem occured, when I was not connect to a datafeed and is related to the data available for display on the chart.

Usually my global data setting is "MergeBackAdjusted", This means that I only have a limited amount of data available for the current front month contract unless I connect to the datafeed when opening the chart. The problem occured when I was switching to "Do not merge" without connecting for additional backfill.

Here is an example. The rollover day for CL 08-16 was June 17. My NinjaTrader database contains data for the new front month contract that goes back to June 13. This is because I usually have a few days of overlapping data, as I download data via the Historical Data Manager.

Today is July 5. This means that I have 23 days of data of the front month available in my database. Now assuming that I am in mode "Do not merge":

-> when I unselect BreakAtEOD and set the chart lookback to 25 days, everything is fine
          -> however when I unselect BreaktAtEOD and set the chart lookback to 26 days, nothing is displayed on my chart

So this is the question: If I have 23 days of data available in my data base, why would a chart with a lookback period of 25 days display correctly, while a chart with a lookback period of 26 days will not display?

Does that mean that charts won't display when BreakAtEOD is unselected and the available data is less than the selected chart lookback period?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the additional details, I was able to see the missing data when using the updated information.

As far as why this is occurring, at this point I am uncertain but will report this to development to get further information.

If I have any updates on this I will reply back here.

Comment

Jesse, thank you for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM