Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iqfeed symbols

Hi,
    In NT8 beta 11 I've tried to add the IQfeed symbols @ES# and @ES#C to the instrument list but can't get it to work.

Can you recommend a procedure to follow to get these two symbols into the symbol list?
    These symbols are the S&P500 emini futures contract as continuous symbol data (not needing to roll anything) from IQfeed. The @ES# is the continuous non-back adjusted and the @ES#C is the continuous back adjusted data for the @ES futures contract.

I know you can't trade from these 2 instruments but I need them to be added to my instrument list as separate instruments for data analysis purposes.

Thanks for your help

Hello,
    You would not be able to use those symbols within NinjaTrader. Those symbols are specific to the IQFeed platform. You would be able to view continous data through using the ES ##-##.
    You can also create a continous chart by using MergeBackAdjusted or MergeNonBackAdjusted for the ES instruments settings. For more information on the merge policies in NinjaTrader 8 please see the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...rge_policy.htm
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't see the ES ##-## symbol available to use. How do I add it to my symbol list?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To add the symbol go to Tools>Instrument Lists

Select Futures from the list on the left, then click add beneath the list that appears on the right. If you type ES ##-## in exactly as shown then hit 'Enter' on your keyboard it will add the continuous contract to your list.

You should now be able to select the contract when pulling up a chart or SuperDOM.

Please let us know if we may assist you further.
        Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That did it, thanks!
          I tried before from the add "instruments" but that didn't work
          Didn't think it would work with "instrument lists" since I was only adding 1 instrument.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920