Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
    Hello koganam,

There has been active development regarding this confirmed bug beyond Beta 12's release date (July 11th, http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm ) . I am contacting the development team right now to see if they will be including a fix in Beta 13. Please continue monitoring this thread, I should have a reply soon.
    Actually, my client and I are having the problem on NT7. I will not be shipping out anything NT8 until it is a release out of beta.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
      Where is this now? I have just spent 2 hours with one of my clients who has just gotten this issue after rebuilding his NT system. Apparently, he says that my products are the only ones having the issue. How do we resolve it. I am reasonably certain that asking me to get a third party license server is a non-starter.

I run into this on NT7 and NT8. Everything was working fine one day, tried to start on the next and it was no longer working. Kept throwing a notice saying tools needed a valid license entered.

If its any help to you, I got a working setup eventually. Ended up installing extra HDD's into the computer tower and installing Windows on each HDD, setting up a multi-boot system. On 1 of the windows installs, it works. On all other windows installations on the exact same computer, same setup, same installed programs and versions it does not. Tried on 2 separate Virtual machine as well and neither worked. All using Windows 8.1.

Finally found 1 that allows the licensing to register, all the others don't.

Makes no sense to me.
      Last edited by TyJack; 08-11-2016, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Hello TyJack,

I regret asking you so late, but do you know who your third party vendor is? I believe you may have a key tied to your machine ID which needs to be regenerated. This information will help us direct you to the proper assistance. If you would rather not say on the forums, you can send an e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing this unique ID : 1556629 and including attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP in your subject.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello TyJack,

I regret asking you so late, but do you know who your third party vendor is? I believe you may have a key tied to your machine ID which needs to be regenerated. This information will help us direct you to the proper assistance. If you would rather not say on the forums, you can send an e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing this unique ID : 1556629 and including attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP in your subject.
          What about my client? Does he need to have some key regenerated too. On one of the indicators, I went to the trouble of removing his license and recreating it. It made no difference.

Comment

Hello TyJack,

Each installation of Windows was on its own separate hard drive (Tried 5 hard drives in total, 2 x SSD, 3 x HDD), each Windows had its own NT8 installed on it. Each time I did the licensing process as per NT8 - Help>3rd Party Licensing. Then entered the details as per the vendors instructions and generated the machine ID.

This was then sent to the vendor who made sure that the machine ID was registered. This was done on EACH Windows 8.1 installation. The machine ID generated changed with different hard drive installations. Tried on 3 hard drives installed directly into the tower (2 x SSD, 1 x HDD) and using 2 separate hard drives docked into removable hard drive docks (2 x HDD) to install a separate virtual machine using VMWare on each individual docked hard drive. All were installed with Windows 8.1. All were installed in the same computer using the same data and internet connection. All were repeatedly windows updated to ensure that everything was up to date. The hard drives installed in the tower were each tried individually.

It repeatedly returned the same licensing error.

It eventually ended up working as per normal on 1 of the hard drives but none of the others.

This was after being told by NT that I should either stop using the 3rd party tools or ask the 3rd party to make a new version that does not require the NT licensing server.

The 3rd party provider was NOFT who had also run into the same issue with a small group of their other customers.

It makes zero sense why a certain specific change of hard drive will work and allow the licensing to function but many other setups using the same computer hardware will not. After finding a way to make it work with nothing on the vendors side changing, its hard to understand that this is caused by a vendor related issue.

When this first happened, I was told there had been some changes made on the NT server side. Everything worked fine one day, then the next for some, it broke. Others, it continued working fine. The 3rd party tools still work for many customers but the same tools broke for SOME customers.

After experimenting for a few weeks and finding a way to get it working again, I struggle to see how its the 3rd party tools that are broken when the constant seems to be something else entirely.

I don't really want things played with now to try and "fix" it as I'm more worried it will break again leaving me with nothing all over again and being told to get the 3rd party to build another version that doesn't require the NT licensing. Once the root cause has been identified and actually fixed, and it has a proven track record, then I'll look at trying it with the other hard drive windows install setup on my computer again to see if its actually working correctly.

Comment

Hello koganam,

There has been active development regarding this confirmed bug beyond Beta 12's release date (July 11th, http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm ) . I am contacting the development team right now to see if they will be including a fix in Beta 13. Please continue monitoring this thread, I should have a reply soon.
              NinjaTrader_JessicaP, we can close this case. It was client user error. He had to rebuild his computer and ended up using an expired beta instead of the current code.

Thanks for your time and efforts. Sorry that it was really a waste of them.

Comment

I am glad things worked out koganam

TyJack, I looked into the NOFT case that was brought to our attention. There ended up being some corruption with the license file for that machine. I understand your hesitation, but please let us know if and when you would like to try again with that machine if there are any things we can do to help. Licenses are tied to machine IDs and installations on particular machines, so if your license gets corrupted "in the cloud", there are no steps you can take on your end to resolve that.
                Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by hdge4u, 04-29-2024, 12:23 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post MisterTee  
                Started by llanqui, 01-25-2024, 06:15 PM
                9 responses
                0 likes