grabbing a indicator and dragging chart locks up ninja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grabbing a indicator and dragging chart locks up ninja

wanted to report a common glitch.. occasionally i will accidentally grab and indicator when moving a chart and get a unhandled object error and it will pop up one or two error messages i can close out... however many times it will pop up 50-100 of these error messages and i have to shut down ninjatrader from the task manager. very annoying little glitch...thought i would make you aware.

exact error message "unahanlded exception: value cannot be null."

complete lock up happens around 2-3 times a day if i am fairly active moving my charts around looking back at historical data.
    Last edited by chinapassage; 07-07-2016, 07:07 AM.

Any in particular or all of them?

Comment

Hello chinapassage,

Please send me your log and trace files, templates, and other files, so that I may look into what occurred.
      You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
      Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1540414
      Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

usually a drawing object...like a box or a line... not usually an indicator.

ill send those logs soon thx

Comment

Thank you chinapassage . We have received your installation information. I was unable to locate anything in the information we received which would allow me to reliably reproduce what occurred on our end.

So that I may have a more complete picture of what is happening on your end, the next time this occurs, would it be possible to use any freely and publicly available screen capture software which can record video of what is happening on your screen, so that you can show me what is occurring on your end?

Thank you very much in advance for providing us with this information. If this procedure is not an option for you, or if there are any other questions we can answer, please let us know.

Comment

here is a screen capture...nothing more to explain than what is in the picture... i grabbed the box and this error pops up... if i dont let go of box quickly i get 100 of these then ninja locks up.: here is screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/4VwUiCU8l

Comment

Hello chinapassage,

Thank you for this. I will continue to investigate on my end. In the meantime, I did notice that you have several indicators on your chart. Could I ask which indicators these are? If any of them are not built in to NinjaTrader, can you cause this to happen only with indicators that are? I would also like to ask, are you running any strategies or bar types?

As a final test, please perform a clean reinstall of Ninja using the following instructions :

• Backup NinjaTrader 8 using Tools -> Export -> Backup File -> Check everything -> Export -> Save
              • Close NinjaTrader 8
              • Rename your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 - OLD
              • Visit ninjatrader.com and download a new copy of NinjaTrader 8
              • Use the downloaded installer to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader 8
              • Delete these files from (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 :
                • workspaces\_Workspaces.xml file
                • bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll
                • bin\Custom\NinjaTradder.Custom.dll
              • Copy these files and folders into your new (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder from your old installation, replacing files if prompted :
                • Config.xml
                • UI.xml
                • workspaces
                • templates
                • db\NinjaTrader.sdf
                • bin\Custom\*.dll
                • Any .cs files in bin\Custom's subfolders that do not start with @

Please let us know if this behavior continues into your new Ninja installation.

Comment

just to let you know i did a complete re-install as you showed already as NOFT causes NT8 to lock up and NOFT vendor nor ninja guys are find the solution...so i completely removed them as NOFT causes random lockups for no reason whatsover....

that being said i have run for two weeks without NOFT and the box grabbing issue is there regardless even when i am only using SMA's and native ninja stuff. should be easy to duplicate...just grab a box or an indicator real quick and drag it off the screen and see what happens... works nicely for me locking things up.

i have reinstalled noft the last few days but the issue is regardless of 3rd part indictors

Comment

Hello chinapassage,

I am including a video in which I try to recreate what you described. Could I ask you to review this video and let me know what, if anything, I can do differently to better reproduce what you have observed?

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

yeah saw the video... it usually doesnt happen to me on boxs but on region highlight Y or something like that... i tried to duplicate it on video and cant get it to do it right now... but you got the basic idea. Also if you grab a moving average and move it on a chart it will throw up an exception too but that doesnt usually lock up the charts...but similar thing happens with the drawing object except it will print out 50 errors if you dont let go.

Comment

Thank you very much for this additional information. I believe we have enough information to continue attempting to recreate this on our end. We will be investigating this further. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                      47 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post aligator  
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes