• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Workspace doesn't restore correctly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace doesn't restore correctly

I create a new workspace, setup all my windows and then save the workspace.

When i restart NinjaTrader i switch back to my workspace and the window sizes are different to how they were when i saved.

Very frustrating as i have to setup the windows every time i launch.

I'm using 8.0.0.11 64-bit (Multi-Broker) - BETA

Other questions: Which Windows are you using?

Are you using any 3rd party type windows add-ons?

I haven't seen this in any Beta yet... and I've had more than a few issues with Display Scaling > 100% on 3k/4k laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      Other questions: Which Windows are you using?

Are you using any 3rd party type windows add-ons?

I haven't seen this in any Beta yet... and I've had more than a few issues with Display Scaling > 100% on 3k/4k laptops.
      Windows 10. Not using any add-ons. Stock NinjaTrader. I have had previous versions of NT installed but these were uninstalled prior to installing NT8 Beta

Comment

I have created a short movie showing the issue. As you can see when i load the saved workspace the windows are sized incorrectly

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-50-54-737.mp4

Comment

Yowsers!

Hopefully NT Boffins have an answer!!!

Comment

Tried re-installing NT. Same issue. Even if i have a single workspace (the default one that ships with NT) and then modify and save that it doesn't remember my settings on re-load.

Does NT save user data somewhere apart from the program folder and in My Documents? I wonder if there are some settings stored somewhere that need to be cleaned out?

Comment

Hello just to add to this thread - i have lost count the number of times now i have had to recreate workspaces and even reinstall this current beta 11 and clear cache and so on. A reply from ninja was it could be a multi threaded issue but nothing other than that. I note no one from support has responded to this thread. I think N8 is overall a great product but i am trying to test this with 16 chart tabs and one day is fine the next i get errors then 3 days is fine .. have been operating with this since last 2 betas. Then get data gaps with CQG for globex data - so many unanswered questions and issues - even if i try to submit workspace data it is rationalised into 'its beta' when i know there is an underlying issue but cant prove it.
              So XML workspaces like in N7 and instability i would say is here to stay and is not any better or improved upon since N8 - take this into account ninja please and look into this or you will likely be inundated when you go into production. It is such a time consuming time waster for traders and users and you need to listen to this.
              thanks

Comment

Floydman,
                Can you please close the default futures Workspace and then save. Please open NinjaTrader and test if the window shows the same result.
                Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

soulfx ... Agreed i think NT is great and i really would like to use it, but if these kind of issues persist i will probably move back to using IB TWS or Sierra Chart. I really wanted to use the new NT 8 Add-On features though as that's a really exciting feature. Hopefully this issue can be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by floydman View Post
                    soulfx ... Agreed i think NT is great and i really would like to use it, but if these kind of issues persist i will probably move back to using IB TWS or Sierra Chart. I really wanted to use the new NT 8 Add-On features though as that's a really exciting feature. Hopefully this issue can be resolved.

Rename UI.XML in this folder to UI_old.XML

C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\NinjaTrader 8

I'm surprised no one has requested you send in your UI.XML file.

Comment

Originally posted by floydman View Post
                      Tried re-installing NT. Same issue. Even if i have a single workspace (the default one that ships with NT) and then modify and save that it doesn't remember my settings on re-load.

Does NT save user data somewhere apart from the program folder and in My Documents? I wonder if there are some settings stored somewhere that need to be cleaned out?
                      Are you using an antimalware product? Try turning it off temporarily.

Comment

Tried removing the rnaming UI.xml file and also disabling Windows defender in case that was the issue but no luck. What ever i do the same workspace loads on startup (showing AUDUSD & S&P). I never created charts with AUDUSD so i guess that's a NT default. Question is where does that layout come from, why is it always defaulting to that and why can i not delete it?

Comment

There is not NT default that I'm aware of.

It's blank.

Did you import from NT7?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                            There is not NT default that I'm aware of.

It's blank.

Did you import from NT7?
                            I did have NT 7 ages back but didn't import anything. My NT 8 is a clean install.

Comment

Floydman,
                              Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.
                              You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
                              Please reference the following URL in the email body: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ote=1&p=466531
                              Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TazoTodua, Today, 06:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post TazoTodua  
                              Started by gbux11, Today, 02:36 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes