Change default workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change default workspace

Is there a way to change NinjaTrader to load a specific workspace (or the last used workspace) on startup instead of the default? I'm sure there must be as it's pretty standard but i just cannot find the option.

Thanks!

Are you leaving multiple workspaces open? Is it defaulting to the first or last one?

I only have used 1 workspace at a time, and only the current open has opened. (Which is why I suspect you are running multiple...)

edit: I tested with 2 workspaces, and everything is working correctly and loading in where they were last.

-

Removed link to post that I thought I read earlier about techsmith/jing instructions... can't find that post. ugh

this was the removed link... I swear I saw instruction earlier in the day..

Yes, here are teh instructions:

So that I may have a more complete picture of what is happening on your end, the next time this occurs, would it be possible to use the freely and publicly available screen capture software Jing, https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html , or a similar program which can record video of what is happening on your screen, so that you can show me what is occurring on your end? These quick instructions can get you started with Jing.

1. When you start Jing, a yellow half circle will appear near the top of your screen. Please hover over it with your mouse
    2. A small + sign will extend out of this half circle. Please click on it
    3. When your cursor becomes two intersecting lines, please click and drag your mouse over an area of your screen you would like to record
    4. Please press the film strip button that appears to begin recording
    5. When you are finished recording, please press the square stop button that appears
    6. Please press the share button that appears. It consists of three vertical upward pointing arrows.

You will then have the option to view your video on screencast.com . This is the link which can help me diagnose what is happening on your end. It is possible you will need to set up a free account in order to share videos.
    Last edited by sledge; 07-07-2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Hi sledge ... You can see my workspace setup in the video posted on this thread;

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      Are you leaving multiple workspaces open? Is it defaulting to the first or last one?

I only have used 1 workspace at a time, and only the current open has opened. (Which is why I suspect you are running multiple...)

edit: I tested with 2 workspaces, and everything is working correctly and loading in where they were last.

-

Removed link to post that I thought I read earlier about techsmith/jing instructions... can't find that post. ugh

this was the removed link... I swear I saw instruction earlier in the day..

Yes, here are teh instructions:

So that I may have a more complete picture of what is happening on your end, the next time this occurs, would it be possible to use the freely and publicly available screen capture software Jing, https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html , or a similar program which can record video of what is happening on your screen, so that you can show me what is occurring on your end? These quick instructions can get you started with Jing.

1. When you start Jing, a yellow half circle will appear near the top of your screen. Please hover over it with your mouse
      2. A small + sign will extend out of this half circle. Please click on it
      3. When your cursor becomes two intersecting lines, please click and drag your mouse over an area of your screen you would like to record
      4. Please press the film strip button that appears to begin recording
      5. When you are finished recording, please press the square stop button that appears
      6. Please press the share button that appears. It consists of three vertical upward pointing arrows.

You will then have the option to view your video on screencast.com . This is the link which can help me diagnose what is happening on your end. It is possible you will need to set up a free account in order to share videos.

Comment

Floydman,
        I would recommend closing the default futures Workspace and then save your current Workspace upon exiting. This will load your created Workspace first.

Comment

I tried your suggestion. Same result. See the video here;

Comment

Floydman,
            Can you please go to C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces and remove the default futures workspace and test again.

Comment

Doesn't help.

In fact if i delete the "Default End of Day" workspace from the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspacesfolder and restart NT then that workspace is recreated again. I tried manually deleting it and also via the Workspaces->remove option.

Is it not possible to delete the defaults?

Comment

Floydman,
                Within your video you connect via the initial "Get connected screen", When you connect via this method NinjaTrader will automatically pull up a default Workspace like default futures. If you skip the initial get connected screen and connect to Kinetick EOD Free the Workspace will not be created.

Comment

Ok so when i skip the get connected screen the workspace restores correctly. But i had set NT up so that it automatically connected ( via the connections properties 'Connect of startup' )

So is it not possible to restore the workspace and connect to the data connection automatically?

Comment

Floydman,
                    If you do not have not added in an existing connection or migrated from NinjaTrader 7 you will receive the "Get Connected" window. If you set Kinetick EOD to connect on start up NinjaTrader 8 will automatically launch the End of Day default Workspace. If you would like to avoid closing the Workspace you will need to remove connect on start up from the connection. This means you will have to skip the initial get connected window and manually connect to Kinetick End of Day.

Comment

Ok thanks Ryan. Out of curiosity why is there a requirement to always load the default EOD workspace even when the user doesn't want it? Is that only with the Kinetick EOD service? I'm sure many people like myself would like to auto connect the data feed and then load their last workspace and not have to see the default EOD workspace.

Comment

Hello Floydman,
                        At this time it is the default setting that when connecting to EOD on the getting started window and marking EOD as connect on startup that this automatically loads.
                        However, we are now looking into whether or not this is the intended result. I will bring this to the attention of our project manager and ultimately create a feature request to change this.

Thank you for addressing these concerns.

Please let us know if we may assist you further.
                        Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Floydman,
                          I have an update on this information, if you close out of the EOD workspace and elect not to save, then close out of NinjaTrader completely and save the blank workspace or a customized workspace, you should be able to pull it up without the EOD workspace loading.

Please let us know if this works for you.
                          Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post KenneGaray  
                          Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes