Reversal Bar Type NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reversal Bar Type NT8

Hi I have a reversal bar type code from NT7. I tried importing into NT8 but it is throwing bugs out.
    Any chance you guys can please amend the code to make it available for NT8?

I can either load code up if its allowed or email it , as you prefer. It seems to be only two lines which are bombing out. I have no clue what to amend

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

This would likely not be a case of simply amending the file. NinjaTrader 7 items are not intended to be directly compatible with NinjaTrader 8 and would need re created specifically for NinjaTrader 8 to account for the new features in the platform and NinjaScript.

The overall structure of a BarType in NT7 is different that NT8. Unless you have created the structure in the item you are converting to look like the existing NT8 bar types, you would likely have trouble getting the existing code to work correctly. NT8 specifically has a new State system which NT7 did not have so this would cause problems if the item you are converting over does not contain the proper states like the existing installed bar types.

For this you would likely need to contact the original creator of the script to have them convert it if possible, otherwise you may need to look into hiring a third party to do conversions of items if the original creator is unavailable.

Regarding the syntax you had mentioned, You could look at the code breaking sections guide to determine if the syntax you referred to that is causing an error is listed. Again this would only be helpful if you have already created the correct structure for NT8 in the item you are converting over. http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response. So I dont know how complex this code would be, can I post it and you determine what the possible options are ? does the site allow cs files ?

thanks

Comment

Hello,

Yes you can certainly attach files to posts, you would need to click the Advanced button while creating the reply.

If any forum members would like to convert the script they could certainly post on this topic as well.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes