Any plans to allow options trading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any plans to allow options trading?

I know that NinjaTrader does not support options trading. Are there any plans to support this in the future? If so what would be the rough timeline?

Hello jiminssy, thanks for your post!

Yes, NinjaTrader 8's default functionality was designed to potentially support Options, however, as it stands now, we do not have any data providers/brokers who are currently providing Options data to NinjaTrader

Currently, we don't have any timeline of when this is going to be possible, however, I can submit a feature request to request a data provider/broker to see about supporting this -- just let me know and I'll submit.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So NinjaTrader 8 is already ready to support options trading but it's just there's no data provider? Can I programmatically place orders for options just like any other contracts? I am looking for the options for future contracts to test out our hedging strategy.

It would be wonderful to have it done all in NinjaTrader rather than signal other platforms to place option orders.

Comment

jiminssy, that's correct -- NinjaTrader 8 has the potential to support Options trading, but there is not yet a data provider/broker in which provides this option.

I'm unaware if this is possible to do with custom programming. If you would like to consult with a programmer, please let me know and I can get you in contact with our Business Development team.

Additionally, there is a feature request to see about Interactive Brokers supporting Options. Would you like me to add your vote to this feature request?

Comment

Yes, could you please allow me to talk to a developer to find out more?

I did not understand what you meant by "feature request to see about Interactive Brokers supporting Options".

Comment

jiminssy,

A feature request is something that we submit on the behalf of users to our product management team for consideration of changing, adding, and/or adjusting NinjaTrader 7 or 8's features.

Our business development team will be reaching out to you.

Comment

I know what a feature request is. What I was wondering was what that feature request meant. (feature request to see about Interactive Brokers supporting Options) Does this feature request mean there is going to be NinjaTrader API in C# to place orders directly to either TWS or IB Gateway directly right from NinjaTrader? I will wait for NT developers to reach out to me.

Comment

jiminssy, thanks for your post back.

I would first like to clarify so that there wasn't any confusion -- Business Development is a team of ours who could recommend a programmer from our partners, so they're not necessarily our developers.

When I had forwarded you to Business Development, they sent me to the Product Management of NinjaTrader 8 who then stated to me that Options are untradeable, even with custom programming.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
                  Would you like me to add your vote to this feature request?
                  Please add my vote. I have an IB account. Even just getting options data into NT8 without too much trouble would be nice. OptionsXpress has a C# API available to clients so I'm sure that could be done too. Thanks!

Comment

I've seen TDA options trades in NT7 reporting - NOT good...
                    I haven't looked at what NT8 would report.

Comment

Sim 22, thanks for your post and interest in adding this feature!

The feature request ID to add options for IB is SFT-369.

sledge, thanks for your post! I'm having a hard time understanding what you're experiencing. Are you stating that you can see Options in NinjaTrader and can trade them, but it's not good? If so, Options have yet to be supported in both NinjaTrader 7 or 8. We would recommend in not trading Options until it's officially supported.

Comment

sledge, thanks for your post! I'm having a hard time understanding what you're experiencing. Are you stating that you can see Options in NinjaTrader and can trade them, but it's not good? If so, Options have yet to be supported in both NinjaTrader 7 or 8. We would recommend in not trading Options until it's officially supported.
                        I know it's not supported.

Traded options in ToS.
                        Looked at account status in NT7, trade results and reports were not correct. That's what I meant.

Comment

The feature request ID to add options for IB is SFT-369.
                          This might sound stupid but how do I check up on feature requests

BTW I was considering writing an IB AddOn using their API sample program then feeding this back in as an indicator. Obviously trading it would be another thing. Thank you Riley for your interest in this feature!
                          Last edited by Sim22; 07-13-2016, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sim22 View Post
                            This might sound stupid but how do I check up on feature requests
                            You can't. You can always search the forum for it, and you will probably end up on this post.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                              You can't. You can always search the forum for it, and you will probably end up on this post.
                              LOL

BTW.... are you saying you use TDA within TOS and NT8? So you are saying they are not in sync? You are not connecting NT8 to TOS, which is what I first assumed? That would be good if an API was available...although I will confess I have not looked into it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post RubenCazorla  
                              Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Irukandji