Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XAUUSD Interactive Brokers Chart/Data not loading

Hi,

I did a search regarding loading XAUUSD data from Interactive Brokers and this was an issue for NT7 and was told that it would be addressed in NT8. However, I am still unable to get it to load and I think the instruments mapping to IB is incorrect. I have tried various methods to rectify this but did not succeed. Would appreciate some assistance. Thanks

Hello,

NinjaTrader is unable to chart delayed data, so you'd have to be enabled for real time data on the PHLX to get XAU to chart in NinjaTrader. If you are enabled through IB, you should set the symbol mapping to XAU and set the exchange to PHLX.

Please let us know if you are still unable to pull data for the XAU.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am actually not looking for XAU index on the PHLX exchange. I am looking for interactive broker's XAUUSD commodity ticker which is listed on the London Metals Exchange which reflects the actual price of gold in troy ounce. Thanks

Comment

Hello Zephio,

Can you please right click on the XAUUSD within Traders Workstation, select Contract Info>Description.

Please provide a screenshot of this screen so we can attempt to custom map what you're getting in TWS.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Learn how to use Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer

Please send an email to [email protected] with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line and the attachments. Also within the email please include a link to this thread.

Comment

Hi Alan,

Here you go

Comment

Hello,

Can you please go to the Control Center>Tools> search XAUUSD and click XAUUSD Forex>edit. Then change the symbol mapping for IB to XAUUSD|SMART.

We are not enabled to test this but we believe these settings will work.

Please let us know if that does not work please send an email to [email protected] with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, a phone number I can reach you at and a time window where I can call you (please include a time zone).

Comment

I just tried it. Sadly it does not work. I suppose those people who had tried to get it working in the past never did manage to do so and even in NT8 this was not resolved. However if I have a XAUUSD order in IB, NT8 is able to detect that order and under orders tab it list it under instruments as @XAUUSD. Does that help?

Comment

Hello,

I would like to schedule a support call with you to look into this further.

Please send an email to [email protected] with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, a phone number I can reach you at and a time window where I can call you (please include a time zone).

I look forward to our support call.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:57 AM
                9 responses