NullReferenceException in the middle of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NullReferenceException in the middle of the day

Stopped Auto Trading, and disconnected. I've attached the screenshot and the log in question. At the very bottom of the log is when it happens.

Any solution to this; it was running for two days with no problems before
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to check, did this occur as soon as you had disconnected? I wanted to try and outline what steps had led to this message being displayed to see if we can reproduce what happened somehow.

I do see the error in the log here, so any additional details would be appreciated if possible.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hey there,

it happened after the system was up and running for two days, executing strategy trades with live connection to TD Ameritrade. After this error, I would keep getting it 10 seconds after I closed and reconnected. Oddly enough, restarting the computer fixed it.

It has come up again TODAY at 2:56pm again, but once again after a restart it loads up well. Also I'm running a strategy on less than 500 stocks, so it doesn't look like it's being overworked or overloaded.

thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

In this case, was the system up for the same amount of time again? Unfortunately there are still many variables here that I would need to uncover before being able to test this.

If the case is that while running for 2 days is the common factor, we would need to further test if this is platform related, connection related or NinjaScript related.

Could you confirm if the second occurrence was the same situation or amount of time as the first?

Comment

I really do want to be of use in this one. However, they were two different time lines, and it hasn't happened again. The log from the second time is saying the same thing - giving the same fault, before the log file is closed.

Crazy thing is I CHANGED NOTHING within the computer, nor the code. And I only had Ninja Trader 8 B12 up the entire time, and Chrome open/closed multiple times.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the additional details, this will help in testing.

If you can think of any additional details that may assist I would like to hear them, otherwise I will begin testing the connection adapter with what has been provided to see if I can get any similar results.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post CortexZenUSA  
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
            0 responses