bug? - PnL displayed for accounts which were not traded for a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bug? - PnL displayed for accounts which were not traded for a long time

This is a change in B08-12 since previously this was not an issue.
    I have a bunch of old sim accounts I have not placed any trade for a long time yet "Accounts" tab displaying PnL for some of them. This is rather annoying than anything else. See attached for details.

atata
    Attached Files

Hello atata,

If you have created new sim accounts and you have not manually deleted these, then they will still be there.

To remove a sim account, right-click the account in the Accounts tab of the Control Center -> select Remove Account.

If you have previously removed these, they were gone, and then on a later date re-appeared, I would expect that the database file was replaced with a previous version. This could be from backup or may be from syncing software.

Was this the case? Did you manually remove the accounts?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My problem is NOT having the accounts, my problem is why now PnL is suddenly showing any values?
      The only change happened to those accounts, I went from B11 to B12...
      Beside being mainly annoying, how one can trust the "code" behind it when the real problem is not being fixed which is the PnL not matching the Gross and the Commissions yet a new "feature" which was not requested or complained about have been introduced?!

On the screen shot only the 2 lines on the top shall have any values, the rest shall be 0, as it was I believe at all previous versions.

Comment

Hello atata,

The NinjaTrader 8 platform is currently in Beta and is not a finished product.
        There are still bugs on the Beta of the platform.

If you are looking for the stable platform and have upgraded to NinjaTrader 8 Beta from NinjaTrader 7 because of the mandatory upgrade or for another reason, it is only required to upgrade NinjaTrader 7 to 7.0.1000.31 the currently stable release of NinjaTrader, not the optional NinjaTrader 8 Beta.
        To download latest version of NinjaTrader 7, please follow the steps below.

When using NinjaTrader 8, if you are able to discover a behavior issue, please report these.

Regarding the behavior you are seeing, I want to clarify the behavior you feel is incorrect. So the issue is not that the accounts are appearing, you are saying that after upgrading from Beta 11 to Beta 12 that the Realized PnL for all accounts have changed.
        Is this correct?
        In the Trade Performance window are you able to see any trades for these accounts?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          The NinjaTrader 8 platform is currently in Beta and is not a finished product.
          There are still bugs on the Beta of the platform.
          I know...

When using NinjaTrader 8, if you are able to discover a behavior issue, please report these.
          This is why I have opened this thread...

So the issue is not that the accounts are appearing, you are saying that after upgrading from Beta 11 to Beta 12 that the Realized PnL for all accounts have changed.
          Is this correct?
          In the Trade Performance window are you able to see any trades for these accounts?
          Correct. None of those accounts accept the 2 top row shall have any values. Trade Performance would show values if I go back in time month or maybe even a year, they were no recent trades for sure. As I've already mentioned before this is not a significant "BUG" in my mind. It is rather an annoyance that it was working I believe as it was designed up until B11, however not anymore in B12. So clearly someone for the last version made some changes and those changes were not for good...

Hope that helps to clarify the issue.

atata

Comment

Hello atata,

I will need you to send in your database to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

In the email, please include a link to this forum thread.

You will find your database file in the following directory:
            • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.sdf

If the file is large please use a file transfer service such as:
            wetransfer.com
            • Click the +Add files button to open the dialog to add the file(s)
            • Where it says Friend's email type platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com
            • Add your email on the line below
            • In the message please write Attn: Chelsea and include a link to this forum thread
            • Then click Transfer

Comment

email sent

Comment

This was fixed I believe in RC1.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

atata

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse