Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader

Can the chart trader be accessible like the Ninja 7 drop down arrow? The current Ninja 8 process is cumbersome. I'm not sure why there are 3 options: off, chart trader and chart trader hidden. Is there a shortcut button somewhere that I can activate?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Chart Trader (Hidden) in Ninjatrader 8 performs the same function of hiding the chart as is done in Ninjatrader 7 when using the drop down arrow. The Chart Trader drop down selection is used to enable Chart Trader which is the same as clicking the icon or right clicking on the chart and choosing Chart Trader in NinjaTrader 7. The Off drop down selection is used to turn Chart Trader off or disable it from the chart.

When using Ninjatrader 8 you can perform the same steps as in Ninjatrader 7 by clicking on the Chart Trader icon and selecting Chart Trader to enable it and clicking on the Chart Trader icon and selecting Chart Trader (Hidden) to hide it. If you would like to disable (turn off) Chart Trader you would click the Chart Trader icon and select Off.

We highly value the opinions and suggestions of our users. I will submit your suggestion to our development team as a future feature consideration. Once a feature request ID is assigned, I will update this thread.

Thank you for your feedback.
    James C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

After speaking with a colleague, he suggested that you try setting up a hot key to enable/disable Chart Trader. This would allow you to quickly hide and show Chart Trader.

To do this, click on the Tools tab in the Control Center then Hot Keys. Next, click on "Chart" under the "Categories" section on the left. Then, go to "Keys", "Actions" section on the right. Next, click in the box next to "Show chart trader" and choose a key combination to use as a Hot Key. For example, I clicked in the box next to "Show chart trader" and then pressed the Alt key + h key to choose this as my key combination to show/hide Chart Trader.

I'm including a link below to the Ninjatrader 8 help guide for working with Hot Keys.
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ey_manager.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Chart Trader

Yes, I made a hot key to access the chart trader. But I would still like just a simple arrow button like the one in Ninja 7 instead of having to use the hot key or the current icon with three options.

I use the mouse for as much as possible, that's the purpose of a graphical interface to just click and go.

Thanks for responding.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Your feature request has been assigned the unique tracking ID SFT-613 in our tracking system.

Thank you for your feedback

Comment

It's got my vote too.

Thanks guys.

Terence

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            0 responses