FX Board and Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FX Board and Chart Trader

There is a real disconnect with chart tabs and the rest of NT.

If I have a chart of GBPUSD open in the FXBoard and on the chart with Chart trader they are totally disconnected.

If I choose a strategy in FX Board it should change as well in the chart trader but it doesn't. Also if I hide chart trader but go long or short with FXBoard I should still see the limit and stop loss bars on the chart but they're not showing up.

See attached pic for example.

Thanks,

Terence.
    Attached Files

I opened 3 charts not tabbed but independent. Still have the same problem of the disconnect.

I checked in NT7 and if I have one chart on my live account I can have the other two on the sim account.

Comment

Segwin, thank you for you post!

I wasn't able to reproduce this, however, I see that you're connected to the Playback Connection.

I also see that the account fields are blank in the FX Board window and the chart window. Do you have the capability of selecting the Playback101 account in each of these windows? In the FX Board window, this would be located in the dropdown menu at the upper left corner and in Chart Trader in the Account field.

If you don't have the Playback101 account selected, by chance, did you attempt to remove this account?

If not, if you restart NinjaTrader 8, and connect to the Playback Connection, do you then see the account listed?
      Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
        Segwin, thank you for you post!

I wasn't able to reproduce this, however, I see that you're connected to the Playback Connection.

I also see that the account fields are blank in the FX Board window and the chart window. Do you have the capability of selecting the Playback101 account in each of these windows? In the FX Board window, this would be located in the dropdown menu at the upper left corner and in Chart Trader in the Account field.

If you don't have the Playback101 account selected, by chance, did you attempt to remove this account?

If not, if you restart NinjaTrader 8, and connect to the Playback Connection, do you then see the account listed?
        Hello Riley,

Please refer to the attached screen shots.

This time I am live with FXCM on the Sim 101 account.

You can see the disconnect between the chart trader, FXBoard and the Order screen.

Thank you,

Terence.
        Attached Files

Comment

Segwin, thanks for posting back.

The order quantity fields in each order entry window are not designed to adjust when one order entry window values are changed.

However, the ATM strategy field should adjust to the ATM you have selected with the default settings. If you right click on Chart Trader and select Properties, what is the ATM strategy selection mode setting set to?

Comment

It is select active ATM strategy on order submission.

With regards to the order quantity; I would hope that wherever you went in NT everything would be in agreement whether it is the Chart Trader, FXPro, FXBoard, SuperDOM - they should all be in agreement. It's not good if they're not all the same - which one is right and which one is wrong? It just adds to confusion which isn't good when real money is on the line.

Thank you,

Terence
            Last edited by Segwin; 07-21-2016, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Hello Segwin, thank you for your post back.

I was able to reproduce the ATM field not updating when placing an order with an attached ATM -- I have submitted a bug report. Thank you for reporting this.

Additionally, I would like to clarify an item. When I wrote that the Order Quantity field doesn't update by default when placing an order, it's true, however, I can submit a feature request to have the order quantity field of the ATM change when placing an order of an ATM so that it changes the order quantity field of each window with the same instrument -- Let me know if this is good for you or if it needed to be modified.

Comment

Thank you Riley.

The programmers are much smarter than I and I'm sure they're working towards that goal.

I can't begin to fathom what a monumental task it must be to create NT8.

Thanks to all those involved - truly.

Terence.
                Last edited by Segwin; 07-21-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                167 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jeronymite  
                Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred