ATM strategy script not working B12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM strategy script not working B12

After updating from B11 to B12 ninjascript ATM strategy call method does not work. Not only my custom strategy that works on previous versions and NT7, also the sample ATM strategy.

I get the message on log "Unable to load ATM strategy template from file 'C:\Users\Aleix\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\AtmStrategy\AtmStrategyTemplate.xml'"

If I use other templates I get the same message

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I tried using the SampleATMStrategy in the current b12 release but I am not seeing the same result.

Can you tell me, have you tried creating a new template and saving it to see if the templates being used are corrupt?

You can do this by opening a superdom and create a Custom ATM strategy. After configuring the strategy, click Save as Template and enter the name "AtmStrategyTemplate" without quotes.

If you have a template it should ask to overwrite the file, click yes.

Now remove the strategy from the chart or control center, and then re apply and enable it. Do you see the error still after re creating the samples template?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried creating a new template and the strategy works, also opening an existing template and overwritting works

I am using a string parameter for the ATM strategy and it always worked (NT7-NT8). I don't understand but creating new templates or overwritting the older ones works, but not for existing templates.

Most of my ATM templates were created between B6 and B7, maybe there's a compatibility problem with older xlm files. There's no problem if I can overwrite all templates to solve it

Thanks for your assistance

Comment

Hello,

Yes that is likely the problem, I would need to see one of the old templates and compare it to a newly saved template to confirm if there was a difference.

In general with the beta, items that were created in older betas are highly likely to exhibit problems due to items in the core platform changing. being that the templates are pretty far out of date thats probably it.

If you would like to copy old an template, and then re save a new template under a different name using the same settings, I can review those two files to check for differences.

Comment

The attached zip file contains templates "CL1", and "CL1old". The second strategy is the older version that does nor work when calling AtmStrategyCreate method

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing the files.

I do see differences regarding the structure of the two files, so it would appear that our thought on differences were correct.

It looks like there are 2 properties removed and 3 properties added with 1 property that has a different value. It appears that because there are both added and removed properties, likely that would result in the template not working correctly.

If re saving the templates is working correctly, that should be all you need to do in order to re generate new templates for b12 and get back to a working state.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes