Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crosshair Slow Down etc.

Running NT 8 Beta (bld. 11) On Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit;
    Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz;r/t, 4 charts, ES & CL range bars 5 pts. & 11 pts. respectively. Charts NOT linked.

1. Use of Crosshair, in each option, causes slow down in price update.
    2. Change one indicator parameter on one chart, freezes all charts for inordinate amount of time.
    3. Chart freeze prevents closing of individual charts.
    4. No visual indication that Tick Replay has started or in process. After Tick Replay
    completes, chart freezes for unreasonable time.
    5. Hidden Data Series solution to problem of Tick Replay Default of all data loaded, not functional inasmuch as proprietary indicators on Primary Data Series are made inoperative. Modifying prop. indicators quite costly.

Regarding #5, the capability to specify different look back periods for r/t Tick Replay has been offered, going back 10 years, on other platforms. That is, Ninja should
    have options to apply Tick Replay to X # of minutes/hours/days or # of bars. The answer I received is that it can't be done in Ninja, This demonstrates a design flaw. Surely, there must be a work around other than the hidden data series non-solution.

Originally posted by spooz2 View Post
    Running NT 8 Beta (bld. 11) On Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit;
    Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz;r/t, 4 charts, ES & CL range bars 5 pts. & 11 pts. respectively. Charts NOT linked.

1. Use of Crosshair, in each option, causes slow down in price update.
    2. Change one indicator parameter on one chart, freezes all charts for inordinate amount of time.
    3. Chart freeze prevents closing of individual charts.
    4. No visual indication that Tick Replay has started or in process. After Tick Replay
    completes, chart freezes for unreasonable time.
    5. Hidden Data Series solution to problem of Tick Replay Default of all data loaded, not functional inasmuch as proprietary indicators on Primary Data Series are made inoperative. Modifying prop. indicators quite costly.

Regarding #5, the capability to specify different look back periods for r/t Tick Replay has been offered, going back 10 years, on other platforms. That is, Ninja should
    have options to apply Tick Replay to X # of minutes/hours/days or # of bars. The answer I received is that it can't be done in Ninja, This demonstrates a design flaw. Surely, there must be a work around other than the hidden data series non-solution.
    Before I begin troubleshooting what you are experiencing, can you upgrade to the latest release of the beta (8.0.0.12) and test again?
    • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8' if you are on the NinjaTrader 8 Beta
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Please let me know the results of this test. I will address your concerns on real-time tick replay after your test.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Before I begin troubleshooting what you are experiencing, can you upgrade to the latest release of the beta (8.0.0.12) and test again?
      • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
      • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
      • Enter your license key and press Submit
      • Select 'NinjaTrader 8' if you are on the NinjaTrader 8 Beta
      • Select 'Download'
      • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Please let me know the results of this test. I will address your concerns on real-time tick replay after your test.
      Installed Bld. 12 as suggested. In r/t:

Issue 1 appears to be resolved. Will check further...in high volume mkts.
      Issue 2 I need to do further testing.
      Issue 3.Still a problem.
      Issue 4.Will this request be considered?
      Issue 5 A response to this problem will be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by spooz2 View Post
        Installed Bld. 12 as suggested. In r/t:

Issue 1 appears to be resolved. Will check further...in high volume mkts.
        Issue 2 I need to do further testing.
        Issue 3.Still a problem.
        Issue 4.Will this request be considered?
        Issue 5 A response to this problem will be appreciated.
        #3: It is possible to lock a thread by overloading it. Each instrument loaded is assigned one thread. If you open a workspace with only one chart, can you reproduce the freezing? If so, provide me as much detail as possible so I can attempt to replicate this behavior.

#4: Can you confirm that you have the tick data to replay? You can check this by right-clicking on the replay controls and choosing "available data". When data is available and it is playing you should see the playback controller advance and new bars form on your chart.

#5: Can you clarify - Are you saying that your indicators do not properly plot from a hidden data series during playback? Please go into further detail about what you are experiencing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Christopher_R  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80