Suggestion for Crosshair on NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for Crosshair on NT8

A better mode for using cross hair is with the right button click of mouse...

For example:

Pressing right mouse button -> display cross hair (ctrl + q)
    One cick right mouse button -> display menu for chart properties

It's much better than alternating on turning on and turning off the cross hair... with hotkeys for example.

If possible, suggest this for developing team.

NT7 and I think NT8 have a toolbar on the top of chart with a Cursor tool. Toolbar is accessed with right mouse click.

Comment

Originally posted by borland View Post
      NT7 and I think NT8 have a toolbar on the top of chart with a Cursor tool. Toolbar is accessed with right mouse click.
      I know, but my suggestion is use cross hair mode while pressing right mouse button... on one righ click shows properties dialog box.... is no needed to use toolbar on the top of chart....

Comment

tff2011, thanks for your post and borland thanks for you suggestion!

I'm having a hard time understanding your feature request, so I would just like to clarify.

Via the right click method on the chart, how are you wanting to enable the crosshairs?

If so, you can do this already by right-clicking in the background of your chart and selecting Cursor which will display further cursor options. Instead of Cursor, would you just like the cross hair option listed?

Additionally, you can access all of the chart's properties by right-clicking in the background such as the data series window or the properties window.

I look forward to your feedback.
        Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
          tff2011, thanks for your post and borland thanks for you suggestion!

I'm having a hard time understanding your feature request, so I would just like to clarify.

Via the right click method on the chart, how are you wanting to enable the crosshairs?

If so, you can do this already by right-clicking in the background of your chart and selecting Cursor which will display further cursor options. Instead of Cursor, would you just like the cross hair option listed?

Additionally, you can access all of the chart's properties by right-clicking in the background such as the data series window or the properties window.

I look forward to your feedback.
          It`s different my suggestion.

I want to show the crosshair while HOLDING the right mouse button.

When I release it I want to go back to normal cursor (crosshair off).

If I right click once, without holding, the menu should show normally.

Comment

tff2011, thanks for posting back.

Before I submit a feature request to a development team, I would like to offer one more feature that NinjaTrader 7 has by default and I understand if the setting doesn't work for you. However, we do have what's called the mini data box which you can enable by pressing the middle mouse click which displays information on the current bar that you're on, and when you releasing the middle mouse button the mini data box removes.

More about the mini data box can be found at the link below:
            https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../?data_box.htm

If this doesn't work for you, I'll be more than glad in submitting your feature request to our development team.
            Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes