Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 B12 SuperDOM Updates but Chart does not

Hi,

On startup this morning (Monday), the GC 1min & 5min charts display charts as per my finishing up last Friday (see attachment), whilst the SuperDOM shows the current market. The issue has also occurred when simply switching to alternate instrument (ES).

During this time the Friday chart continues the "Loading ..." message and the disk is busy, however it does not resolve itself.

This is a repeat of incident last week. At that time I re-installed NT8 B12 and that cleared the problem. This problem seems to have been introduced in B12 or B11 - as it started since I upgraded from B10. Unfortunately I am unable to regress as the DB has been upgraded ...

This new instance was resolved by simply restarting NT8.

Cheers.
    Attached Files

Hello lexluthor,

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
    Please reference the following in the email body: ATTN RyanM
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=87646

Comment

Appears to resolve itself after a long break - possibly a new trading day

The issue appears to resolve itself (after a long break - possibly a new trading day).

It has however recurred and may linked to the existence of actual trades visible on the chart?

Comment

Issue recurred and disappeared 2 hours later

Hello support team,

The issue as reported recurred at startup this afternoon and did not resolve until 11:00pm AEST.

During the period when it did not work I did a full dump using the integrated email tool. I did this again when T8 had started up in a working mode and data was actually spooling.

You now have 2 full data sets that should enable you to compare.

Good luck,

Lex

Comment

lexluthor,
          Can you please send me the log and trace files again and within the body of the email write ATTN RyanM and reference http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=87646

Comment

You have the files?

Ryan,

I went through the effort of sending you guys a set before the issue re-appeared and immediately after. They were submitted via the integrated tool. Have you gotten these?

Lex

Comment

lexluthor,
              I have just received the files. Can you check what your current merge settings are? Within NinjaTrader 8 you must go to Tools > Options > Market Data.

Comment

Merge Options

Hi Ryan,

The option is the default one (I have not changed these):

"Merge Back Adjusted"

Comment

lexluthor,
                  Can you please change this option to DoNotMerge and reload the historical data on your charts.

Comment

Do Not Merge Option for Market Data - GC 12-16 & 10-16 contract

Hi Ryan,

The [Do Not Merge] option has fixed the immediate problem. My guess is that GC (Gold) sort of skips the 10-16 and is now mostly traded in the 12-16 issue may have caused the logic to be slightly skewed for this contract specifically?

If I understand correctly, the correct merging approach should be to use the specified contract (12-16) and only where there is no data use the previous issue? At present is seems the 10-16 contract has precedence and is supplemented by the 12-16 data as it streams in leaving a big gap.

From my perspective this issue can now be closed - but as per above - there is room for improvement.

Many thanks,

Lex

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
                    Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                    1 response