New b12 errors on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New b12 errors on startup

After installing b12 i started getting these error messages every time I start up. Nothing else is affected - everything seems to work as before - but I have no idea how to eliminate the messages.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

There were some changes to strategy builder scripts, do you potentially have and strategies that were created with the strategy builder installed? If not we could likely find what is causing this error by removing all of the strategies and place them back one at a time to test to find the ones causing the errors.

Serialization can also be if a strategy has a Brush property as an example, or color selection. These type of properties need to be handled differently in code, if this was a custom script you made and had not accounted for that this could also be generated from that syntax. If it was working previously and is not now, this is not likely the case.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Me too

I also reported this error and requested an enhancement to Ninja to better identify the file being processed at the time of the error. See here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=87385

I thinks this adds another vote for that enhancement.

Gary

Comment

I had a couple of strategies, but I removed them via the Ninjascript editor when I saw this error message. So the only strategies I have now are the samples that come with NT.

I didn't have any custom brushes in the strategies I removed, but I do have custom brushes in several indicators.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the additional details.

Just to confirm, you are getting the errors on startup now, although you only have the samples installed. Is this correct?

If so, this could be template or database related. We can test both to see if either is the cause to learn more about what specifically has caused the error messages.

For this, if you would like to continue on the forum here, I can lay out some instructions for a test. otherwise if you would like to email our platform support [at] ninjatrader[dot]com I can follow up with you through email and potentially set up a call to check the installation.

Comment

Please outline steps to test template or db errors.

I still get this error on startup after I deleted workspaces and chart templates.

I do have custom code that serializes parameters, but they would not be invoked unless a work spaces is loaded which had one of those indicators, correct?
            Additionally, I believe all the parameters I have for my indicators/strategies use basic serialization that Ninja provides by default.

So, I would like to hear of more steps to isolate this problem.

Thanks,
            Gary

p.s. I hope this does not hi-jack the original posters issue, they seem the same to me.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

A few steps to isolate what may be happening would be:

Remove templates or workspaces.
              Remove the database or rename it to .old
              Start in safe mode to see if the error is still generated.

The Templates can be found in the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates
              You could search for any strategy related teamples and move them to the desktop temporarily. Please note these folders do need to remain in the documents folder so do not move the folders.

The database can be found here: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.sdf
              You can rename this file and then launch the platform to generate a new database as a test.

Safe mode can be entered by holding the LEFT CONTROL button and double click the NinjaTrader icon. You will see safe mode on the splash screen and in the help menu.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by usazencortex, Today, 12:43 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post usazencortex  
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              168 responses