LockRecursionException

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LockRecursionException

B12: I have a chart with 7 indicators, two of which are additional instances of the same indicator, so 5 unique indicators. A single indicator overrides OnRender().

Once the chart gets going, and by that I mean everything appears synchronized after connecting to live data (which usually requires reloading historical data manually) it continues to run fine. However, today I encountered this error after modifying indicator properties a few times:
    ERROR: Failed to call 'Add' method: System.Threading.LockRecursionException: Write lock may not be acquired with read lock held. This pattern is prone to deadlocks. Please ensure that read locks are released before taking a write lock. If an upgrade is necessary, use an upgrade lock in place of the read lock. at System.Threading.ReaderWriterLockSlim.TryEnterWrit eLockCore(TimeoutTracker timeout) at System.Threading.ReaderWriterLockSlim.TryEnterWrit eLock(TimeoutTracker timeout) at System.Threading.ReaderWriterLockSlim.TryEnterWrit eLock(Int32 millisecondsTimeout) at NinjaTrader.Data.BarsSeries.Add(Bars bars, Double open, Double high, Double low, Double close, DateTime time, Int64 volume, Double tickSize, Boolean isBar, Double bid, Double ask)
    This required killing the NT process to shut it down. I have seen similar behavior before when going back and forth, opening and closing the indicator properties dialog.

Hello tradesmart, and thank you for your question.

I would like you to recreate this chart using only built-in indicators. Once you have done this, please attempt to reproduce what you have seen by running this chart through the same conditions which produced that message in your logs you sent us. Once this has been accomplished, please let us know which indicators you were using, and what their settings were.

Alternatively, please furnish us with copies of the indicator source, along with any non-default settings, to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com , referencing this unique ID in the body of your e-mail : 1550952 .

Thank you in advance for this information, this will make it easy for us to have a complete picture of what is occurring on our end. I look forward to assisting further.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This error has not recurred since that one time.

Comment

Thank you for the follow up. Should this happen again, please send me your log and trace files, templates, and other files, so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
        Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: ##REQUESTID##
        IMPORTANT: Please also tick all the boxes in the "Other Files" section.
        OPTIONAL BUT APPRECIATED: Please also attach a copy of the indicator source for the indicator that caused this
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes