Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Plot Join Line Between Sessions - Remove

Hi,

Is there a way to have an indicator plot at a different price value in each session as a solid line and not have a line joining between sessions?

So for example the PriorDayOHLC indicator doesn't join the lines between sessions but these are dotted lines, I want to plot these as solid lines (this is just an example, it's a different indicator I'm developing).

I've tried various combinations of brushes, plot style, dash styles etc... but can't find a combination that doesn't join the lines except for the dotted lines (require solid lines).

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

For Plots, the Hash specifically will break as you have seen in the PriorDayOHLC indicator, where a Solid line will not. This is due to the nature of the types of line style being used, it would be expected that a Solid line stays connected even between sessions as it is "solid" and also "Line".

You could instead use a "Solid Hash", this would create Breaks if the value is abruptly changed, only same values would be represented as a solid line. You could preview this using the PriorDayOHLC indicator, instead of being a dashed line it is solid but beaks at the session.

Alternatively instead of using a Plot, you could use a Line drawing tool and draw that Line from point A to point B. It would be solid for the length of the line but break at the beginning and end.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Jesse.

Have tried your second suggestion but still can't get it to display as intended. I've attached a screenshot of the settings and the chart with the settings applied. Is this what you were referring to?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I do see this working as I had described on my end, but I did note that when I specifically change from the default dash style, the style was not immediately updated. I actually selected a different type of PlotStyle and then re applied to see the change.

Could you test if you change the PlotStyle to something else and back if this updates for you?

Specifically I set the DashStyle to Solid and PlotStyle to Bar. Then set the PlotStyle back to Hash and see a Solid breaking line.

I will need to further review this in the case you are also experiencing this.

I look forward of being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Have tried the steps you suggested on both the Prior Open and Prior High but it results in it either being a bar style (similar to volume) or back to the original dash style when having dash style as solid and plot style as hash (after first applying plot style as bar)

If you could continue to investigate that would be good, if you want me to test further let me know exactly what steps you take and I can repeat them (including when pressing apply which of the prior open, high etc...).

Thanks

Comment

Hello tmfdouglas,

Thank you for your response.

In the Indicator's parameters through the Indicators menu you would not have an option that would result in what you are looking for.

You could however create a custom indicator that instead of using a plot used a drawing object such as Draw.Line().

Please let me know if you wish to do this in code (NinjaScript) or would like to see a plot option in the Indicators menu for indicators to plot a line without it connecting between sessions.

Comment

Hi,

I'll take a look at using the Draw.Line but if it could be added as a feature for the in built plot that would be much better.

Thanks

Comment

Hello tmfdouglas,

Thank you for your patience.

This request has been added to our tracking for consideration in a future release of NinjaTrader. The id number for this feature request is SFT-1523.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
                9 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post f.saeidi