Indicator [Description]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator [Description]

An indicator's [Description] attribute was shown in the Indicators panel in V7 (the Label box), but is not shown on V8. Is this a deliberate change, or is this a bug?

--EV

Originally posted by ETFVoyageur View Post
    An indicator's [Description] attribute was shown in the Indicators panel in V7 (the Label box), but is not shown on V8. Is this a deliberate change, or is this a bug?

--EV
    It is deliberate.

Comment

Is there any alternative way I should be using to provide that small bit of information?

--EV

Comment

Is there any alternative way I should be using to provide that small bit of information?

--EV
        I believe that you were actually part of an earlier discussion on this same topic. ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=77133

Here is another reference: ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=85704

Comment

Thanks for the pointers. I've been away for a year, and am a bit rusty.

I looked at the old discussion and as far as I can see nothing has changed. The issues brought up in that thread seem to still be issues. I'm still not convinced the "i" is a GUI improvement. My impression is that it is not all that obvious (easily discoverable) to users, and it is relatively clumsy to use, especially if you are going to look at more than one of them.

--EV

Comment

Thanks for the pointers. I've been away for a year, and am a bit rusty.

I looked at the old discussion and as far as I can see nothing has changed. The issues brought up in that thread seem to still be issues. I'm still not convinced the "i" is a GUI improvement. My impression is that it is not all that obvious (easily discoverable) to users, and it is relatively clumsy to use, especially if you are going to look at more than one of them.

--EV
            As one of those threads said, you will get no argument from me on that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post usazencort  
            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes