• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrick,

Thanks for the progress report.

Comment

Originally posted by ETFVoyageur View Post
      By the way, the error messages on the Log tab have the same problem as the ones in the editor when there is a build problem. They are long so the only way to view them without maximizing the window is as a tooltip. That's fine except the <frustrated expletive> tooltip times out way too fast to read the whole message. The tooltip *really* should remain up at least as long as there is no mouse motion. I have taken my hand off the mouse to ensure no further mouse motion, and that does not help keep the tooltip up. Please fix things so the tooltip stays up until I am done with it!

--EV
      This has been assigned to the id SFT-1537.

Comment

Thanks, Patrick.

What's the status of the original issue in this thread -- that the editor does not reliably handle expand/contract?

--EV

Comment

ETFVoyageur,

ActiPro (the software we use in the NinjaScript Editor) has advised this will be resolved in their next release. We have no set release date on the next version of ActiPro at this time.

Comment

Thanks, Patrick.

I have another editor problem -- there is no sane way to resize the font. The problem arises because I seem to at times brush my mouse wheel while having the CTRL key down, such as while doing a CTRL+C. I encounter the same thing in the Visual Studio editor. But that is the extent of the similarity.

In the Visual Studio editor there are two ways to resize the font, both of which work well. I can use CTRL+mouse wheel -- that moves faster than I would like, but is manageable if I am careful. VS also provides a dropdown at the lower left of the editor window where I can directly set the percent of configured font size, so it is easy to return to 100%.

NT editor provides no sane way to recover. There is no equivalent to the VS dropdown control to directly set % of configured. CTRL+mouse wheel is also not effective -- for some reason the velocity of change is so great that I find it virtually impossible to set a reasonable size. My mouse wheel operates normally everywhere else, but the NT editor seems to be WAY too responsive to wheel motion when setting font size. It is fine for scrolling -- operating more or less like every other app. But when setting the font size it is excessively responsive, to the point of being virtually unusable. I have discovered that the best solution is usually to exit the editor and start a new copy of the editor.

--EV
            Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 08-12-2016, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Neither editor honors the common convention of CTRL+ and CTRL- to change font size. It would be nice if the NT editor could do that.

--EV

Comment

Thank you for the additional comments. I will forward to development.

Comment

The suggestion made for the resize sensitivity has been assigned the id SFT-1559.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                  Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rocketman7