Strategy Analyzer Execution Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer Execution Colors

When I change the color on the historical buys/sells in Data Series, those changes do not carry over to the chart in Strategy Analyzer.

Anyone know why or have a resolution to this?

I have copied a screenshot that shows my problem. I can't see the magenta arrow at all.

Thanks for your assistance.
    Attached Files

Hello user_456,

Any changes made to a chart, only affect that chart and do not affect the other charts.

The script itself would have to make the changes to the chart for these to affect the chart in the Strategy Analyzer.

This would need to be done from an indicator and triggered in OnRender so that the change can be triggered after the chart is selected in the drop-down and the ChartControl is initialized.

ChartBars.Properties.LongExecutionBrush = Brushes.Yellow;
    ChartBars.Properties.ShortExecutionBrush = Brushes.White;

Attached is an example that works in the Strategy Analyzer.
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the information, Chelsea. It would seem to me that since I can use a specific chart template in Strategy Analyzer that carries with it most of my preferences for how the chart looks, that it should include all of those preferences. I mean, why do I have to code an indicator? It's not an indicator natively; It's a simple setting in the data series on a chart. I'm not a coder so these kinds of issues make it difficult for me to progress in my use of the platform I purchased. Maybe it should be called "C# Trader".

Comment

Hi user_456,

You can run the script to get the chart generated, then apply a template to a chart in the Strategy Analyzer (this will remove all the trade executions as this causes the chart to be recreated without the script performance), and then run your code again, and you would be able to use the template in this manner.

Keep in mind any changes make by the strategy would undo any of those same settings changed by the template.

Comment

Don't understand any of that. Please submit my problem as a feature request. Some sort of global setting that allows for font/color changes on buy/sell execution across all charts wherever they may appear.

Comment

Hello user_456,

I have submitted a feature request on your behalf for a global plot executions settings option. This is being tracked with ID# SFT-1532.

It is up to development to decided if and when a feature request will be implemented.
            Please let us know of any other requests or suggestions you have for the NinjaTrader Platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post adeelshahzad  
            Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
            10 responses
            1 like